Job Title: Store & Front of House Coordinator
Department: Patron Services Center
Reports to: Front of House Manager
Status: Part-time, non-exempt from overtime (approximately 30 hours per week)
Manage all aspects of the Houston Symphony Store operations including buying, merchandising and managing. Create a pleasant store environment while providing excellent customer service and sales skills as a member of the Symphony Store. Collaborate with several constituencies, including patrons, volunteers, staff and vendors. Provide backup support to the Front of House Manager when needed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage the daily operations of the store and office including maximizing store revenue and ensuring a balanced product mix. This includes receiving and processing merchandise and responding to all customer inquiries.
• Coordinate with Houston Symphony League members that are store volunteers—ensure that staffing is appropriate to each concert, train volunteers, and provide onsite support at concerts.
• Coordinate with artists’ managers on guest artist merchandise and signings or merchandise that is concert specific (Harry Potter, video games shows)
• Select and purchase store merchandise, under the brand guidelines and goals set forth by the Chief Marketing Officer. Build relationships with vendors.
• Partner with the Front of House Manager to track store expenses and revenues against the organization’s approved budget.
• Set retail prices and profit margins on store merchandise. Build new merchandise items within Lightspeed, the Houston Symphony’s onsite point-of-sale system.
• Perform stock duties, including receiving and pricing merchandise, restocking the sales floor, and completing semi-annual inventory.
• Maintain a clean and proper appearance of the sales floor.
• Complete sales transactions and refunds through Lightspeed, ensuring accurate payment processing and issuing correct change. Reconcile sales on the night of concerts.
• With the assistance of the Digital Marketing Manager and Ticketing Database Manager, maintain the Symphony Store e-commerce portion of HoustonSymphony.org. Responsibilities include providing photographs, summaries and pricing for new items and preparing web orders for timely shipment.
• Partner with the marketing department on store promotions and creative items specific to the store.
• Maintain timely ordering and paying of invoices and supplies.
• Act as backup support to the Front of House Manager on night of concert front-of-house operations and processes
• Perform additional duties as required by the Houston Symphony Society
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required
• Fast-paced retail experience in a non-food setting required with the ability to multitask
• Ability to use computerized inventory system required
• Accuracy in counting money and merchandise required
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with a wide range of people including patrons, volunteers and Houston Symphony staff
• Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills required
• Positive attitude, creativity, and attention to detail is a must
• Ability to lift up to 45 pounds required
• Display experience is a plus
• Knowledge of orchestral music preferred
• Must be able to work concerts on nights and weekends, including some holidays
This Ad has been viewed 39 times.