PROJECT ROW HOUSES (PRH)
SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Special Assistant is responsible for supporting the Executive Director through a combination of project management, writing and editing, research and administrative support. The purpose of the job is to make the Executive Director a more effective and productive leader by creating capacity for her to focus on the most important initiatives. As the Special Assistant, you will be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities, drive special projects, participate in selected internal and external meetings, and manage the Executive Director’s schedule and communications/ liaison with Board and staff. He/She will be exposed to the most confidential organization information and asked to make sensitive and critical judgment calls with the Executive Director’s approval.
PRH is a neighborhood-based non-profit art and cultural organization in Houston’s Northern Third Ward, one of the city’s oldest African-American communities. With a mission to transform community through the celebration of art and African-American history and culture, PRH has established programs that encompass arts and culture, neighborhood revitalization, low-income housing, education, historic preservation and community service.
• Managing the Executive Director’s workflow and priorities by managing her schedule and anticipating steps ahead.
• Preparing for and following up on internal and external meetings including preparing briefings, talking points, presentations and proposals.
• Facilitates, in concert with the Executive Director, communication to the Board of Directors.
• Providing members of the Executive Leadership Team leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities and maintaining critical deadlines.
• Managing special projects assigned by the Executive Director.
• Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
• Proactively identifying ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the leadership team.
• Anticipating needs from the team and identifying opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline work flow.
This position requires a mature candidate with a bachelor’s degree and seven or more years working with executive leadership. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Effective and excellent communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve effectively.
• Excellent research, analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of office management and general administrative principles, techniques and practices.
• Strong computer skills (facility with Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgement
• Willingness to work evening weekends and adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
• Passion for the mission, vision and values of Project Row Houses.
For confidential consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applicants whose candidacy is being considered will be contacted.
Project Row Houses (PRH) is an equal opportunity employer in all positions, programs and services without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This Ad has been viewed 815 times.