UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum - Austin, TX
The Executive Director works hand in hand with, and reports to, the Board of Directors of the UMLAUF to evolve and fulfill the UMLAUF’s mission. The Executive Director also oversees the UMLAUF staff in managing and planning all aspects of the UMLAUF’s activities.
The ideal candidate is also a principal spokesperson for UMLAUF, representing it and cultivating relationships with all key stakeholders at all public meetings and functions, and UMLAUF-sponsored events.
The Executive Director leads the organization’s fundraising; identifies and develops relationships with potential funders and maintains and grows current donor relationships. This includes corporate, contractual, foundation and individual donor relationships.
This ideal candidate is proactive, strategic, an effective manager, and team player. A self-starter with a demonstrated track record of highly skilled donor relations, relationship building with a diverse donor base, our City of Austin partners, and the community at large.
The Executive Director oversees grant applications, makes requests, manages reporting, and proactively explores and develops potential opportunities and partnerships that fit the UMLAUF’s strategic plan. The Executive Director also manages a capable group of staff members to ensure that the staff works collaboratively to fulfill all needed responsibilities in furtherance of the UMLAUF’s mission and activities.
This full-time position reports to the Board of Directors and directly partners with the Board Chair to prepare the annual plan and budget for board approval, and to effectively implement and manage the budget to ensure fiscal responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Design and implement the annual fund development plan
• Direct fundraising efforts for all stakeholders
• Manage the development budget, including event budgets
• Recruit, train, and retain skilled and experienced staff members and volunteers who are committed to accomplishing goals
• Engage staff in a way that fosters collaboration, appropriate professional boundaries, and camaraderie
• Focus on growing membership, outreach, and loyalty programs that keep donor base engaged
• Build strategic partnerships locally, statewide, and nationally
• Identify opportunities for UMLAUF to differentiate itself and leverage that information for long term sustainability
• Ensure that staff and organization have proper tools to effective do job functions (software, systems, technology support, training)
• Optimize internal processes and workflow for efficiency and effectiveness
• Proactively manage the staff in day to day tasks with organization and accountability
• Manage relationships with contractors and vendors, including grant writers
• Orchestrate events
• Develop, manage and support fundraising committees
• Design and execute multi-channel Annual Fund campaigns, including but not limited to Membership, End-of-Year, potential #GivingTuesday and Amplify Austin appeals
• Develop and manage Corporate Sponsor partnerships
• Individual/Major Giving: Manage and support all organizational relationships
• Write grant proposals with team support
• Oversee external grants development resources
• Manage a grants calendar and all corresponding deadlines
• Identify new prospective foundations working in tandem with Executive Director and Board
• Execute traditional online and traditional individual giving programs, including annual and membership campaign.
• Provide scheduled performance review of staff in order to manage work performance
• Qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors.
• Ensure the highest level of customer experience through all donor and stakeholder communications.
• Produce monthly development reports that track overall progress
• Collaborate with the Marketing and PR Committee to enhance donor acquisition, donor communications, and UMLAUF brand position.
• Oversee database management (NEON), gift processing, and acknowledgment as well as collateral needs
Qualifications and Skills
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly; persuasive writing, strong verbal communication, and the ability to interact at the executive level
• Project management skills and ability to execute a strategic plan
• Leadership and supervisory experience
• Relationship building skills and strategic thinking
• Impeccable follow through and the ability to anticipate a need
• Highly organized, possessing strong planning and execution skills
• Experience with accounting/fundraising/donor management software. NEON preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in development or experience in a related field
• Personal commitment to cultural institutions and funders
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, and nonprofit leadership or relevant experience preferred
• Manage deadlines and competing priorities with efficiency and dependability; always be a step ahead
• Proficiency with databases, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Power Point, and all social media platforms
Beneficial to Have:
• Event planning experience
• Museum experience
• Experience working with a variety of public and private stakeholders
• Bond Election experience
• Capital Campaign experience
• Personal commitment to community
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's Degree in related field
Contact: Send letter of interest, vita/resume to Interim Executive Director, Pam Owens
This Ad has been viewed 437 times.