The Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH) is now accepting applications for the position of Curator. This is a full-time, exempt member of the senior staff and, with the Director and curatorial team, provides artistic direction and coordination to the Museum’s artistic program. CAMH Curators are responsible for the oversight of designated traveling exhibitions that tour to the Museum and for the conception, execution, quality, and scholarship of a number of internally generated exhibitions and their accompanying publications. CAMH Curators are expected to be an active and visible member of the national, international, and regional art community, and to participate in the overall institutional advancement of the Museum and its programs. The incumbent is responsible for general scholarship and research in contemporary art, and works closely with the Director, and other members of the senior staff to advance the institution’s mission, to execute and develop support for its programs, and to meet the goals of its strategic plan. Qualified candidates may apply by sending cover letter, résumé, and CV addressed to the attention of Shane L. Platt via email at email@example.com. Applications will NOT be accepted in person. Please do not send additional materials until called upon to do so.
• Advanced degree in art history and a wide knowledge of and enthusiasm about contemporary art
• 5+ years of curatorial experience with a record of increasing professional responsibility and measurable accomplishments
• Record of significant exhibitions and publications
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well with colleagues, other employees, artists, donors, and lenders
• Familiarity and experience with appropriate, current computer programs and technology
This Ad has been viewed 3350 times.