The Imaging Services Specialist processes internal and external requests for images of objects in the
collection to be reproduced, seeing requests through from initial contact to providing deliverables. This public-facing position plays an important role in fostering the institution’s relationships with artists, other museums, and the general public. The Imaging Services Specialist also assists with special projects such as ARTstor image contributions, a large-scale museum-wide digitization initiative, and implementation of digital asset management software.
1. Respond to public requests for photographic material to be reproduced.
2. Initiate rights and reproductions contracts and invoices and establish rates for usage.
3. Maintain databases, process signed agreements and payments, and track receipt of copies of
4. Assist with research and resolve copyright permission issues related to the reproduction and
filming of collection objects for print, website, and press use.
5. Update licensing and photography agreements as needed.
6. Work with various museum departments to secure copyright permission for reproductions featured
in Menil Collection publications.
7. Assess digital image files for quality assurance purposes and identify images that need to be
rescanned or photographed from their original formats.
8. Research, vet, enter, and update copyright credits and photography credits in the collection
management database, The Museum System (TMS).
9. Research, vet, enter, and update image metadata into digital asset management software.
This Ad has been viewed 110 times.