Houston Center for Photography
Reports to: Access and Community Education Coordinator
Houston Center for Photography (HCP) is a fast-paced 36 year-old non-profit arts organization dedicated to photography and related media. HCP's mission is to increase society's understanding and appreciation of photography and its evolving role in contemporary culture. The staff is a close-knit group of fun individuals who work hard, are team players, and are committed to the organization's mission. As a teaching artist of the Houston Center for Photography, you will work to carry out HCP's educational mission through working in the community.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Implementing HCP’s Access and Community Education programs in the community (hospitals, schools, community centers, etc.) in an engaging and enthusiastic manner
• Incorporate new educational materials into HCP’s A.C.E. Manual. Develop and modify curriculum under the supervision of the Access and Community Education Coordinator
• Represent HCP at special events in the community
• Coordinate with Access and Community Education Coordinator on offsite, onsite, and online exhibitions
• Attend training and education sessions as scheduled
• Professional communication skills, including relating to children and adults
• Knowledge of photography
• Teaching experience with children, as well as multigenerational audiences
• Must attend volunteer orientations and take standard TB tests (hospital required).
• Must agree to a criminal background check (hospital and school required)
• Spanish language proficiency a plus
Wages and Schedule:
This is a permanent, part-time position. Salary is paid hourly at a rate of $16/hour for program development and $40/hour for program implementation.
This position is open until filled. Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to: Natalie Rodgers, Houston Center for Photography, 1441 W. Alabama, Houston, TX 77006; or to email@example.com. No phone calls.
This Ad has been viewed 85 times.