Art Alliance Austin
Art Alliance Austin creates opportunities for people to connect with visual arts in Austin. We aim to make Austin a great art city by integrating visual arts in the fabric of Austin
What we do:
• Art City Austin – Fine arts festival with 200 artists from around the world
• ArtBash – Best art party in Austin, presenting new artists, coordinated with East
• Austin Art Breaks – Intimate monthly artist and studio visits
• Art Austin – Coalition of 29 galleries, museums and art spaces
• Pecha Kucha – Our local chapter of a global phenomenon, brief unique visual talks by leading Austin creatives
• Austin Art Weekly – Very popular weekly summary of art events and happenings
• Art Outreach – Programs bringing visual art to the entire community
The Executive Director is the key management leader and chief visionary spokesperson of Art Alliance Austin. Responsible for overseeing and stewarding the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. This position requires a broad-based knowledge of the local and broader visual arts scene. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Collaboration: Works with board to fulfill the organization’s mission. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is implemented and fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Art Alliance Austin can successfully fulfill its mission into the future
3) Organization Operations: Responsible effective administration of Art Alliance Austin’s operations. Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
Responsible for negotiating and signing all notes, agreements, made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
4) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Art Alliance Austin and its programs. Preparation of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
Responsible for fiscal management, operating within the approved budget, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Art Alliance’s mission
5) Leadership: Responsible for the enhancement of Art Alliance’s image by being proactive and visible in the visual arts community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Serves as primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, key stakeholders, the media and the general public.
Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the city and state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Art Alliance Austin’s mission.
This Ad has been viewed 164 times.