Learning Programs Manager
Due: Monday, October 2, 2017
FotoFest seeks a full-time Learning Programs Manager for its student learning program, Literacy Through Photography (“LTP”). Reporting to the FotoFest Executive Director, he/she is responsible for oversight and implementation of all programmatic aspects of LTP school and community platforms. Working closely with teachers, principals and administrators from Houston ISD and surrounding area school districts, the Programs Manager will work to design and implement current and new programming, renew and maintain existing partnerships, and identify and recruit new schools and teachers to become a part of the vibrant LTP program. In addition, the Programs Manager will manage ten to fifteen contract employees, hired to teach the LTP program through in-school collaborations and in out-of-school time program settings.
The ideal candidate has a vested interest in and experience with the arts role in K-12 education, is familiar with the curriculum development process, possesses strong verbal communication and writing skills, has experience in public speaking, and is capable of executing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously, seeing them through to completion.
The successful candidate must have a valid Texas driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel to schools and program sites across greater Houston and other surrounding counties. He/She will be required to go through a Texas DPS background check within the first 30 days of being hired. Weekend and evening hours are required. Hours typically increase prior to (beginning January) and during the FotoFest Biennial which is held in March and April every two years.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
– Maintain regular contact with FotoFest teaching artists to secure reports on school and community programs, including intake of student artwork and writing for end of year student exhibition, attendance records, and lesson plans;
– Maintain and enforce system for equipment and supply loans for FotoFest residency programs, including checking out, keeping track of, and logging digital cameras and equipment;
– Maintain and update organizational databases as needed.
– Represent and support FotoFest and Literacy Through Photography in public, including attending festivals, conferences, and in delivering outreach presentations to prospective school administrators, students, families, and funders;
– Schedule and lead tours of FotoFest exhibitions for school and community groups, engaging groups in educational activities;
– Serve as first point of contact for FotoFest Cohort Teaching Artists, Partnership Managers, and LTP trained school educators on program logistics;
– Assist in communication with FotoFest teaching artists and school contacts on program logistics;
– Lead LTP teacher training 3-4 times per year.
– Work closely with the LTP Outreach and Engagement Manager on all aspects of marketing LTP and FotoFest Education programs through email marketing (Constant Contact), print publications, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest), press releases and maintaining the Literacy Through Photography and FotoFest websites;
– Coordinate all logistics of Literacy Through Photography (LTP) and FotoFest learning programs, including logging program inquiries, tracking expenses, ordering equipment and supplies, scheduling school tours and arranging transportation, and general daily correspondence;
– Maintain regular contact with FotoFest Teaching Artists to secure reports on school and community programs, including securing images for marketing purposes, intake of student artwork and writing for end of year student exhibition, attendance records, and lesson plans;
– Assist in developing curriculum materials, student activities, training and evaluation tools, and other educational materials in collaboration with Program Director and FotoFest Cohort Artists;
– Brainstorm, research and propose, with FotoFest Staff, the creation of original programming that supports and enhances FotoFest’s mission with the purpose of reaching new audiences.
– Works closely with Executive Director, LTP Outreach and Engagement Manager, and Development staff on aspects of fundraising for LTP and FotoFest Education programs, including researching and creating profiles on targeted funders, assembling sponsorship packets for mailing, assisting in compiling data on programs for use in grant narratives, and working collaboratively on the creation and delivery of fundraising and public relations events.
– Works closely with LTP Outreach and Engagement Manager to plan and execute multiple events throughout the year, including FotoFun Family Day, Igniting Creativity Luncheon, FotoFinish events, and Biennial events;
– Plan and curate FotoFinish exhibition;
– Generally assist staff at FotoFest events, as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
– Advanced familiarity with PC, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word, Access), Adobe Creative Suite, and database management. Knowledge of photography and video editing software a plus;
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to request support from FotoFest staff when needed;
• Utilize a variety of social media and marketing platforms to remain connected to existing audiences and contribute to the growth of new ones;
• At ease with public speaking and presenting information to diverse constituencies;
• Capable of managing and supervising interns and volunteers (students and adults);
• Understanding of Texas state educational standards and their applications to arts-based education programs and best practices in teaching;
• Exceptional ability in prioritizing workflow, setting goals for completion of tasks, and managing multiple deadlines;
• Exceptional ability to collaborate and work well with others, including school administration, community partners, teaching artists, students, volunteers, and FotoFest staff;
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and exhibit talent for creative problem-solving;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to demonstrate a high-level of initiative;
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including the lifting of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and standing on feet for multiple hours at a time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Arts Administration, Education, Fine Arts, Marketing, or proof of equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree a plus.
• 1-3 years of professional experience in coordinating community and youth programs; emphasis on arts education, arts integration and professional development training for teachers through the arts, a plus;
• 2 more years of professional experience as a teaching artist or educator;
• Demonstrated commitment to using arts education as a vehicle to strengthen our community and the education of our K-12 youth; knowledge of K-12 curricula in Texas, including standards-based education (TEKS and STAAR) and teaching strategies for reaching diverse learners (ESL, G/T, Special Education, etc.) a plus
• Experience in implementing program evaluations and student assessments, including data collection strategies, survey implementation, data analysis, and reporting;
• Experience managing youth and adult volunteers;
• Working knowledge of photography and contemporary art;
• Spanish language proficiency (written and spoken) a plus.
Starting Date: As soon as August 21, 2017.
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate with experience, benefits include health, dental and optional 403(b) retirement plan. FotoFest employees also receive paid holidays and the period of December 24 – January 1 off each calendar year. Opportunities for professional development are available with this position.
Work Hours & Structure: This is an exempt, full-time position that may exceed 40 hours per week. Work hours will generally follow a normal professional work environment (5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm), although successful candidate will be required at times to work in early morning and/or at events that follow in line with school days hours, FotoFest after-hours programs, and weekend programs.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 professional references to email@example.com
This Ad has been viewed 177 times.