Graphic Design Interns join an enthusiastic team at the Galveston Arts Center that focuses on engage diverse audiences in an exploration of contemporary art topics and practices.
This position is well-suited for candidates who want to gain insight about client needs pertaining to graphic communications, advertising design, printing, digital file formatting, web design and photography. Ideal candidates will have some experience with graphic design principles and concepts, be able to take guidance, constructive feedback, etc. and will take initiative after instruction and work independently on a given project. All equipment is provided by GAC including cameras, computers, software, and media storage devices.
Part-time, flexible. Minimum 8 hours per week for one semester (students) or 6 months (non-students) up to 1 year.
Regularly scheduled hours must take place during office hours: 9am-5pm M-F, 11am-5pm Saturdays, and Noon-5pm Sundays. Opportunities to work during special events occasionally occur outside these hours, generally in the evenings.
Internships are unpaid unless otherwise noted. Benefits include academic credit (if applicable), exposure to a wealth of information about the local/regional art community, and opportunities to make business contacts, including potential future graphic design clients. Interns are given exit interviews and may request letters of recommendation.
• Assist in the design and production of brochures, posters, invitations, etc. for GAC events and programs
• Assist in the production of text-based exhibition didactics, labels, titles, gallery guides, signage, etc.
• Format images and graphics for web, newsletter and social media, assist with web updates
• Help photograph and/or video exhibitions and events
• Assist staff with graphic displays in the ArtWorks museum store or elsewhere in the building
• Create PowerPoint presentations for special events, meetings, grant applications/reports, etc.
• Help distribute fliers, brochures, etc. in downtown area
• Be knowledgeable about our art exhibitions and programs and represent GAC positively in the community
• Ability to commit to a predetermined schedule
• Regular and consistent online communication
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, positive attitude
• Academic focus in art/design or related experience
• Fluency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and familiarity with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator) and WordPress
• cover letter
• design portfolio containing 3-5 samples of your work
• Name and phone number of two references
Send to Reyna Collura (Director of Education) at the email listed above with the subject “Internship Application” to be considered for this position.
This Ad has been viewed 77 times.