The Idea Fund 2017-18 Internship (September 2017 – May 2018) provides a university college-enrolled or young professional with a paid internship opportunity to work in non-profit arts administration. This internship position will provide a range of experiences working on a re-granting program administered by DiverseWorks, Aurora Picture Show, and Project Row Houses and is funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. The Idea Fund provides funding for artist-generated or artist-centered projects in the Greater Houston area that exemplify unconventional, interventionist, conceptual, entrepreneurial, participatory, or guerrilla artistic practices.
Primary Intern tasks:
• Website maintenance and updating
• Social media maintenance and updating
• Organization, administrative and data management assistance
• Communication with artists
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Understand The Idea Fund mission and objectives
• Eager to learn, positive attitude and collaborative spirit
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Interest in developing experience into a professional path
• Experience and knowledge of Word Press website management and administration
• Experience and knowledge of managing social media (FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram)
• Commitment to working a minimum of 5 hours per week for 12 months (hours will fluctuate throughout the year)
• Strong writing skills
Rate of $12 an hour, between 6 – 10 hours per week, (approx. 270 hours total). Start date: September 5, 2017. End date: May 31, 2018.
DEADLINE WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 30, 2017
How to Apply: Email a cover letter and resume outlining your educational background and past work experience to Rachel Cook, Curator, DiverseWorks at email@example.com. A cover letter should address why you are interested in the internship and what you hope to gain from this opportunity. Please include contact details for two references who are either professors or previous/current employers.
This Ad has been viewed 147 times.