The Video Content Manager is responsible for video and multi-media project development, including live video production for videos used in concerts and for promotion of the Symphony. Provides guidance to others both internally and externally to maximize the Symphony’s multi-media video quality, innovation, and presence in the concert hall and on the internet. This position will help continue to ensure that Houston Symphony videos, multi-media projects, and other visual content is consistently at the highest level possible, keeping us at the forefront of the industry.
The Video Content Manager will:
• Shoot, direct and edit innovative video and multi-media product for concert enhancement and social media.
• Work with our producers, directors, and Symphony team in the development of new creative and compelling video concert-enhancement projects.
• Liaise between the Artistic, Operations, Education/Community Engagement, Development and Marketing/Communications departments to create and/or secure concert presentation product such as interviews with conductors, artists, staff, board members and/or other constituents, images, etc.
• Coordinate multi-media concert elements and video screen content including concert slides, videos, translations, and other film projects we present, including creating, developing, filming, directing, editing, and/or producing such material as needed.
• Work with Musical Ambassador and Music Director on the development and execution of video and other multi-media projects as assigned.
• Work with Marketing/Communications department to promote our media projects and products, including media strategy across various platforms.
• Work with Marketing/Communications to develop videos and other visual content for online promotion, education, and social media, including filming, editing.
• Maintain a friendly and positive environment throughout the creative process of developing and executing new and existing visual content.
• Score-read music and direct live cameras for visual enhancement of concerts. Manage and train other score readers when the schedule permits or demands.
• Understand and work with union media agreements.
• Understand and work with union video production personnel and stagehands.
• Work with appropriate staff in Artistic, Operations, Marketing and Communications to help create and manage budgets for new visual content projects.
• Be integral to the team tasked with developing media solutions to design and build into a renovation of Jones Hall.
• Participate in production and other departmental meetings as needed.
• Perform additional duties as required by the Houston Symphony Society.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable education and experience and/or training.
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience.
• Skilled in videography, video production and video editing.
• Experience with social media content production.
• Knowledge of classical music required.
• Ability to translate artistic and marketing vision into compelling and innovative stories.
• Full proficiency in conductor’s score reading.
• Creativity is a must.
• Skilled at project management and task prioritization and completion in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to confidently and diplomatically interact with conductors and production teams to maintain quality of production and represent the Houston Symphony and its projects in the best possible manner.
• Team-oriented with the ability to also work independently.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, including some holidays.
•Ability to adhere to company dress code policy of business casual attire
Mission of the Houston Symphony:
The mission of the Houston Symphony is to inspire and engage a large and diverse audience in Greater Houston and beyond through exceptional orchestral and non-orchestral performances, educational programs and community activities.
By 2025, the Houston Symphony will be America's most relevant and accessible top-ten orchestra.
Core Values of Community Engagement and Education:
Community Engagement: We foster meaningful, respectful and collaborative relationships with our patrons and community members from all walks of life in our large, diverse city.
Please submit resume and a cover letter that describes how your experience and career goals would align with this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Ad has been viewed 78 times.