Job Title: Associate Director of Special Events
Reports To: Director of Special Events
Supervises: Special Events Coordinator
Date: July 2017
The Associate Director of Special Events (Associate Director) works closely with the Director of Special Events (Director) to ensure the successful planning, execution, and overall financial success of HGO’s signature special events, including: Opening Night Dinner, Concert of Arias, and Opera Ball. The Associate Director is responsible for leading the successful planning, coordination, and execution of other Development-related events such as recitals, cast parties, underwriter dinners, and cultivation events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the Director to successfully plan and execute all revenue-generating special events including Opening Night Dinner, Concert of Arias, and Opera Ball.
• Serve as the primary project manager for all non-revenue generating events including recitals, cast parties, underwriter dinners, and cultivation events.
• Work with the Director and Associate Director of Development and Patron Services to secure homes/hosts for events, solicit gifts for silent auction items, and other events as planned.
• Work closely with the Director to coordinate all corporate and individual fundraising solicitations relating to special events. Serve as liaison with the Major Gifts team for prospect clearance and solicitation assistance.
• Manage all aspects of special event mailings including maintaining accurate mailing lists, writing solicitation appeals, and coordinating with vendors to ensure the timely delivery of event mailings.
• Provide timely tracking of all event solicitation responses.
• Along with the Director of Special Events, plan logistical details for all events; work closely with Special Events Operations Manager in coordinating all staff, vendor, and event related needs.
• Supervise the Special Events Coordinator in all activity related to Special Events and cultivation and stewardship events for the individual and institutional giving teams.
• Serve as primary contact for Opera Ball auction chairmen to plan, solicit, and track in-kind contributions for special events.
• Maintain regular communication event stakeholders, donors, and prospects to engage them with the company.
• Manage all event-related content for Opera Cues to ensure materials are submitted in a timely manner.
• Attend special events and work Green Room, valet and other duties as needed.
Undergraduate degree + 4 years of combined fundraising and special event experience required. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, exemplary phone manners, demonstrated organizational ability, and an eye for detail and quality control with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of opera/artists and other performing arts organizations is preferred, but not a must. Excellent computer skills with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Tessitura is preferred. Scheduled irregular working hours including evening and weekend work is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires lifting boxes up to 30 lbs. chest high and standing during events for long periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To apply, please use the link associated with this posting.
This Ad has been viewed 153 times.