EVENING PROGRAMS ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME)
Art League Houston seeks two part-time Programs Associates who will be the primary staff liaison with students, visitors, and instructors during the evening and weekend hours. This position requires excellent customer service, multi-tasking and communication skills. The ideal candidate is friendly, patient, can easily adapt to different situations, and is skilled in social media. The Programs Associate reports to the Executive Director and provides support for the Art League School, education and exhibition programming, and special events. The hours are Monday through Thursday, 5-10 PM and Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM and additional hours as needed. Each Associate will typically work two evenings per week (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs, for example) and alternating Saturdays.
• Greet all visitors
• Answer phones
• Some of the duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance to Art League School students and teachers when needed
• Open and close the building (depending on the days)
• Oversee the exhibitions on view in the three onsite galleries
• Manage model lab in partnership with Art League School Coordinator
• Assist with Art League School class registrations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Social media savvy
• Positive and friendly demeanor, “roll up your sleeves” hands-on attitude
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, as well as Google applications
• Passion for arts education
• Studio art background a plus
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and three job references to email@example.com by Monday, August 7th.
ABOUT ART LEAGUE HOUSTON
Founded in 1948, Art League Houston has radically evolved beyond the parameters of traditional art leagues. While keeping the core of the art league model – a robust membership deeply committed to the value of visual art in contemporary life – Art League Houston embraces contemporary approaches to curatorial programming, community-building, art education, and outreach to under-served communities.
The mission of Art League Houston is to connect the community through diverse, dynamic, and creative experiences that bring people together to see, make, and talk about contemporary visual art.
Inclusivity: We welcome all members of our diverse community and seek opportunities for interaction and access. Art - and therefore Art League Houston - is for everyone.
Creativity: We are passionate about the power of creativity to inspire individuals to action and to facilitate understanding among people. Creativity is at the heart of everything we do.
Learning: We provide opportunities for people to learn about art, themselves, and each other. Learning permeates all of our programs.
Service: We exist to benefit the Greater Houston community. We enrich people's lives, improve quality of life and contribute to the vitality of our city.
Evolution: We change and grow with our city and the arts landscape. We look to the future while celebrating our past.
Art League Houston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.
This Ad has been viewed 215 times.