The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, TX is seeking an energetic and organized leader with a passion for the arts and an even greater passion for customer service to join the team as Visitor Experiences Team Lead. The ideal candidate is committed to the providing all visitors to the museum an exceptional experience and has previous experience in leadership roles in museum, hospitality, or retail environments. As Visitor Experiences Team Lead, the candidate would engage with visitors at point of sale as well as throughout the museum and garden answering questions and providing anecdotes. Team Lead will be responsible to opening and closing duties and operating as acting manager when Manager of Visitor Experiences is not on site.
• Visitor Empowerment¬ – Anticipate the needs of museum guests and inform every visitor of the exhibitions on view, resources available including family guides, sensory bags, touch boards, large print binders, etc. Ensure all materials are up to date and tidy.
• Visitor Engagement – Move throughout the museum and discuss works on view with visitors. Provide anecdotes and additional information when needed. Use technology when appropriate to further inform visitors.
• Signage – Each morning before the Center opens, the Visitor Experiences Team Lead will ensure that correct signage is posted throughout the Center.
• Membership - Document each member visit in the database. Mention membership to all guests who are not members and to discuss renewals with members who are within the renewal window. Stay up to date with current member benefits and events.
• Information Point - You are to be the main point of contact for the customer queries related to facilities, exhibitions and the community at large and provide excellent customer care. Stay up to date on current and upcoming exhibitions and events at the museum and throughout the Arts District.
• A strong interest in art and culture.
• A commitment to providing the highest level of visitor service.
• Previous experience in a leadership role in a customer related environment, ideally in a museum, box office, membership department or retail environment.
• Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
• As a highly visible representative of the museum, it is essential that all Visitor Experiences Staff are polite, professional, respectful, responsible, dependable and committed individuals.
• General office environment with occasional work throughout the Center’s indoor facilities and outdoor garden.
• Significant computer and light telephone work.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and climbing stairs with occasional lifting of up to 20lbs.
• Position is part-time with a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Ad has been viewed 82 times.