Application deadline: July 31, 2017
Glasstire, the online magazine of visual art in Texas, seeks an Administrator.
Glasstire is an award-winning nonprofit online art magazine. Founded in 2001, our mission is to expand the conversation about art in Texas. As the only publication in Texas that is producing art criticism on a daily basis, Glasstire is the journal of record for the Texas visual art community.
We are now entering a period in which we will seek to accelerate the growth of our audience and budget. We are looking for a highly organized, systems-oriented individual who is ambitious, entrepreneurial, and eager to acquire critical skills while helping grow Glasstire into a national leader in arts journalism. This is an opportunity to build your career while meeting interesting people in the Texas art world.
The Administrator must be very well-organized, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. They should have the skills to research, process, learn and adapt. They are comfortable devising systems that can ultimately be taken over by other employees, and working in a small nonprofit organization where all hands are typically on deck.
This position is based in Houston. Some travel is required to other Texas cities. Occasional attendance at evening and weekend art events is required, and should be something the Administrator enjoys doing.
In this job, the Administrator will acquire new or enhance existing skills relating to:
- Marketing automation software (Salesforce and other technologies)
- Interacting with sponsors
- Dealing with finances and invoices
- Executing special events
- Managing projects on a large scale
- Networking with a variety of stakeholders
• Manage the sponsorship sales funnel, including maintaining the advertising calendar, corresponding with clients, and reporting;
• Develop and execute communication strategies for sponsors, artists, arts venues, patrons, and other audience members;
• Manage donor tracking, reporting, and correspondence;
• Expand Glasstire’s use of Salesforce around communications, scheduling, and invoicing, including integration with Quickbooks;
• Support Glasstire’s bookkeeper and Publisher in accounting tasks;
• Help plan and execute special events, working with patrons, vendors, and artists;
• Manage the grant calendar and support the Publisher in researching grant opportunities;
• Ensure that all Glasstire books and records are maintained in excellent fashion;
• Assist in the development of a comprehensive internet marketing plan, which Glasstire is currently developing with the support of the Houston Endowment Inc.
In addition, the Administrator will be expected to:
• Partner with the Publisher in essential internal leadership activities;
• Foster a collaborative culture, participating in budget planning;
• Assist in monitoring the website’s functionality, notifying Publisher and Editor of any technical problems;
• Report on new initiatives to the board of directors at 5 annual meetings.
This position reports to the Publisher.
• Bachelors degree required
• Minimum of 2 years’ prior relevant work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in publishing or nonprofit administration preferred. Coursework or work experience in business, administration, communications or finance a plus.
• Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and a self-starter. The Administrator is expected to manage their own schedule to fulfill their responsibilities.
• Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
• Solid Office computer skills. Working familiarity with Quickbooks, Salesforce and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Glasstire offers a flexible work schedule with some opportunities for working from home.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter specifying your requested salary to email@example.com by July 31, 2017. Please specify where you saw the posting.
This Ad has been viewed 1013 times.