Title Director of Finance
Organization Judd Foundation
Closing Date Thursday, July 27, 2017
Location Marfa, Texas
Judd Foundation was created in 1996 with the mission to maintain and preserve Donald Judd’s permanently installed living and working spaces, libraries and archives in New York and Marfa, Texas. The Foundation promotes a wider understanding of Judd’s artistic legacy by providing access to these spaces and resources and by developing scholarly and educational programs. The Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Foundation operates with a budget of approximately $3,400,000 and a full and part-time staff of 22, based in New York and Marfa TX.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Finance reports to the Director of Operations and Treasurer and is responsible for managing the Foundation’s financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, investment reporting, tax and regulatory requirements, ongoing financial modeling and annual budget. This position has three broad functions:
1) Fiduciary management and oversight
2) Human resources and general office responsibilities
3) Capital project expenditures and reporting
Specific responsibilities include:
Fiduciary management and oversight
• Manage all fiscal reporting activities for the organization and annual budgeting process.
• Present quarterly and year-to-date financials to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Oversee the Foundation’s endowment, and conduct an analysis of advisors’ quarterly investment/fee reporting.
• Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial procedures to achieve best practices.
• Ensure the Foundation is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations.
• Supervise Finance Manager to ensure accuracy of financial records; review of reconciliations and creation of supporting schedules and analyses.
• Manage cash flow, accounts payable and accounts receivable; create new project cash flows as necessary.
• Oversight of the annual audits and tax returns for Foundation entities, including Form 990 and annual state filings.
• Manage payroll functions ensuring efficient systems, process and controls.
• Manage banking and investor relationships.
• Review, analyze vendor contracts.
• Oversee Judd Furniture sales, invoicing and payment to fabricators.
• Work with Development team on fundraising strategies, grant applications and grants received.
Human Resources and General Office Responsibilities
• Oversee human resources.
• Ensure compliance with all legal and fiduciary matters.
• Oversee insurance coverage for properties and collection.
Capital Project Expenditures and Reporting
• Oversee construction budgets, expenses and contracts.
• Historic Tax Credit compliance and reporting.
The ideal candidate will bring initiative and commitment, along with a track record of achievement and proven organizational ability. The Director of Finance must be enthusiastic about the opportunity to oversee, participate in, and direct financial administrative activities of an arts foundation.
Additional qualifications include:
• BA / BS degree, or equivalent work experience, in accounting, business or, finance. Master’s level degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a financial management role within an organization.
• Experience with non-profit operations and compliance.
• Experience with visual arts organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Excel and Quickbooks accounting software. Knowledge of other technology a plus.
• Attention to detail.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Recommendations for candidates are also welcome. No phone calls please. Send applications or recommendations to: email@example.com
Please write: “Director of Finance Application” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Judd Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
This Ad has been viewed 144 times.