EXHIBITION & PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Temporary Maternity Leave – 16 weeks)
DiverseWorks is currently conducting a search for a temporary contract position as Exhibition & Program Assistant to help plan and present multidisciplinary art programs in Fall 2017. The candidate will have at least two years of experience working in an arts organization on exhibition and program planning and installation. They will work closely with the Executive Director & Chief Curator and Curator, as well as artists, installation, and tech crew on DiverseWorks exhibitions, performances, public programs, and events.
• Assist with exhibition, performance, program and event production (planning, accommodation research, confirming crew/install assistance, monitoring and hands-on with installs and production, conditioning artwork, arranging, scheduling and receiving shipments, purchasing supplies and materials and procuring quotes for fabrication as needed)
• Maintain orderliness of equipment and storage areas
• Develop exhibition open/close checklists; ensure artwork and equipment remain in good and working condition throughout the run of exhibitions
• Assist with set up/tear down for events, workshops, and programs
• Order office supplies
• Volunteer and intern coordination
• Assist with staffing front desk and visitor services duties
• Contribute to planning and production meetings with artists and staff
The successful candidate will have knowledge of contemporary art exhibition installation and be detail oriented. They will play an essential role in creating and carrying out impactful programs at DiverseWorks.
• Minimum B.A. or B.F.A degree in art history, studio art, or art education.
• 2 years experience working in an art gallery, museum, or other cultural organization on exhibition and/or performance planning and installation
• Ability to work 4-5 days per week, including some Saturday and weekday evening hours
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills; proven ability to work with a range of colleagues
• Must be familiar with basic tools, be able to lift items of 50 lbs. and climb ladders
• Passionate interest in the role of art in society
This position is a 30-40 hour per week temporary contract position from August 28 – December 22, 2017, with a pay rate of $15 per hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV (Word or PDF) to Xandra Eden, Executive Director & Chief Curator via email to email@example.com by June 26, 2017. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
DiverseWorks is a non-profit, multidisciplinary contemporary art center in the Midtown area of Houston, a state-designated Cultural Arts and Entertainment District. DiverseWorks is also part of Houston’s renowned Museum District, and is an active member of the Houston Museum District Association. DiverseWorks’ mission is to commission, produce, and present new and daring art in all its forms through innovative collaborations that honor each artist’s vision without restraint.
DiverseWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values workplace diversity. DiverseWorks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, disability, marital or partnership status, or veteran status.
This Ad has been viewed 254 times.