Gallery Associate – Erin Cluley Gallery, Dallas Texas
Part-time/Hourly (20+ hours per week)
Position to begin mid-late August
Erin Cluley Gallery seeks a Gallery Associate with experience working in a contemporary art setting. The Gallery Associate will manage daily gallery operations and provide support to the gallery owner while maintaining systems and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be exceedingly organized and will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This person should feel comfortable taking on a wide variety of responsibilities while keeping the gallery orderly and running smoothly.
- Welcome visitors
- Answer in-person, email, and phone inquiries
- Maintain and update gallery’s database of contacts
- Manage gallery’s inventory system and digital archive of images
- Work directly with artists to maintain up to date image and biographical information
- Manage online commercial platforms (Artsy and 1stDibs)
- Draft press releases and provide support for media outreach
- Contribute to social media presence via Facebook and Instagram
- Provide support for art fair applications and logistical coordination
- Provide support for exhibitions including communicating with artists, creating and executing consignment and loan agreements, shipping logistics
- Assist in nurturing client relationships
- Light preparator responsibilities – pack, ship, and track incoming and outgoing artwork
The ideal Gallery Associate candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree preferably in arts administration, art history, museum studies or a related field. Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail throughout projects, proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) and experience using Facebook and Instagram. Preferred candidates will have experience working in a contemporary art environment (sales experience in a gallery a plus) and have a pleasant, welcoming personality.
Erin Cluley Gallery hours are Wednesday through Saturday, 12pm to 5pm with additional hours during installation weeks and exhibition openings.
Please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Gallery Associate Position.
No phone calls please.
Erin Cluley Gallery
414 Fabrication Street, Dallas Texas 75212, www.erincluley.com
This Ad has been viewed 529 times.