The Southwest School of Art seeks college and university students to participate a summer internship in the communications department. Internships are 12-weeks unpaid and run mid-May through the beginning of August with a minimum of 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
The Southwest School of Art is seeking a self-motivated candidate that can work both independently and collaboratively in a professional setting. The intern will apply their creativity, critical thinking skills, and enthusiasm to a range of projects under the mentorship of Southwest School of Art professionals. The Marketing & Media Intern will assist the communications department with promoting all events and exhibitions during the summer semester. The intern will report directly to the Director of Communications.
• Develop content for social media platforms and create Facebook events when needed
• Assist the Director of Communications with listing PSA information on local calendar listings
• Assist the Executive Assistant with creating blog content and sizing images
• Photograph Southwest School of Art events for media and documentation purposes, edit and upload to social media when needed including the weekly Summer Art Studios Friday Finale
• Process and edit photography; assist in archiving digital image files
• Create signage and small graphic design projects
• Assist with creating graphics for newsletters and targeted emails
• Stock Urschel and Santikos buildings with new exhibition and event fliers and other collateral
• Set up collateral tables for School events and happenings
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) with graphic design knowledge
• High visual arts standards demonstrated in photography, video production/editing, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft Office
• Interest in the arts, higher education, and/or non-profits
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Great organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task
Include a cover letter, resume (including contact information for two references) and application form. Please email email@example.com for application form.
April 15, 2017
Email completed application and materials as a pdf to: Shannon Gowen, Marketing and Media Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships are voluntary and unpaid. If you can receive funding or credit through your university it is your responsibility to obtain and complete any relevant materials.
The Southwest School of Art is a nationally recognized leader in visual arts education, offering a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree as well as studio art programs for adults, children, and teens. Classes and workshops in many disciplines are taught by a permanent faculty and leading artists in cutting-edge facilities located on two campuses in downtown San Antonio. The Ursuline campus, nestled along the famed San Antonio River Walk, was originally the site of the Ursuline Convent and Academy, the city’s first school for girls. In addition to its teaching mission, the Southwest School of Art offers world-class contemporary art exhibitions as well as lectures and symposia with visiting artists. In 2015, the Southwest School of Art celebrates the 50th anniversary of its founding.
It is SSA policy to provide an equal employment opportunity to all individuals, without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
This Ad has been viewed 105 times.