Public Relations Intern - Blue Star Contemporary Art Center (San Antonio, TX)
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center
Public Relations Intern
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is looking for undergraduate students interested in gaining experience in a non-profit/art center environment. This internship is offered at three periods throughout the year; Fall, Winter/Spring and Summer. This is a non-paid internship.
Please read through the job description and follow the application instructions. Applications must include two writing samples.
• Writing press releases, media alerts, public service announcements and photo captions
• Assisting in development and distribution of monthly and quarterly press information
• Handling requests from members of the print and electronic media by phone, email or fax
• Assisting in archiving media clippings
• Developing and updating mailing lists
• Working with Communications team in creating and managing marketing opportunities for our organization
•Aiding with social media development
• Assisting with filing, copying and other clerical tasks
This internship is designed for current undergraduate students. Junior/Senior level preferred.
Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing fields preferred. This highly visible position requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of business protocol; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and a proven track record of prioritizing and completing multiple assignments.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center accepts applications for this internship by email or by fax.
To apply for this internship, please send your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume, cover letter and writing samples should be emailed as one document. No phone calls please.
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This ad has been viewed 181 times