Laura Rathe Fine Art, a leading Houston gallery, is seeking a full-time Assistant Director. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, self-motivated and an outgoing team player. They must have a strong ability to multi-task and to easily shift from approaching clients to administrative tasks. A large part of the job is to support the management and sales team.
The Assistant Director duties include but are not limited to administrative tasks such as inventory, website and digital files management, and mailing list and client management. This person is also responsible for exhibition planning including marketing and advertising, shipping, managing installation, and coordinating the opening reception. A graphic design background is preferred and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office is essential.
This person greets visitors to the gallery and therefore must be personable and have a deep understanding of the gallery artists. A background in art history is preferred, as well as knowledge of the art market.
Qualifications and Requirements
- proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop
- graphic design background preferred
- knowledge of gallery management systems preferred
- must be highly organized and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
The responsibilities include:
- interfacing with clients
- keeping track of client inquiries
- exhibition planning, marketing and shipping logistics
- liaise with artists
- art handling and inventory
- website and mailing list management
- coordinate special events
This Ad has been viewed 230 times.