Education Program Coordinator - Job Description
Full-Time position. Under the general direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for executing education and public programs and projects that meet or exceed the museum's strategic and artistic goals. Duties include assisting in the development, promotion, coordination, & implementation of Museum's education programs. Develops and maintains relationships with schools and community groups.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Education Associate, Artist-Educators, Interns, and Volunteers. and other staff assigned on a project basis.
Essential Tasks: The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring high quality education programming aligned with Mexic-Arte Museum's Mission. Development and implementation of programming resources and educational materials for exhibitions, and community outreach programs organized or produced by Mexic-Arte Museum.
• Identifies curricular connections between exhibitions and regional education community needs to design and develop school & tour programs for a growing audience of K-12 and college level students and teachers
• Deepens participation of visitors by producing dynamic public programs related to the museum's exhibitions and/or focused on the museum's target audiences
• Expands the reach of museum programs by cultivating strategic partnerships with the educational community
• Develops and implements evaluation tools to measure, interpret, and analyze the outcomes of education and public programs relative to strategic goals
• Designs and conducts training programs for docents, interns, and volunteers
• Assists marketing and fund raising efforts, with a particular focus on grant writing, related to education and public programs Writes and administer all grants for education programs.
• Supports Education Committee
• Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the position
Research, Design, and Implement- Public Programming including for exhibition including Family Days, Make & Take, Special Outreach Events.
• Supervise art education classes in schools and community centers across the greater Austin area utilizing the Mexic-Arte Museum art education curriculum
• Conduct tours for children and adults
• Research, Create and Facilitate all educational material for exhibitions, and supplemental public educational programing; including programming guides, Teacher/Docent Packets, labels, text panels, gallery guides, hands-on materials, and activities
• Identify key concepts and research, write, and/or purchase appropriate materials necessary to convey the curatorial theme of each exhibition
• Provide copy for education-based materials, website, donor and marketing efforts
• Promote Mexic-Arte Museum education programs in schools and community centers across the greater Austin area
• Generate curriculum for private grants outside of Screen It! curricula
• Management of Education calendar and scheduling
• Maintain quality constituent relationships via phone calls, email, mailings and other methods determined by programming needs
• Management of contractors to ensure a high performance level
• Keep abreast of trends and directions in arts, humanities, museum, and community-based education and integrate that knowledge into educational materials for Mexic-Arte Museum.
• Correspond with all staff on a regular basis and generate reports for weekly meetings
• Coordinates education aspect of special events as needed.
Educational and Experience Preparation:
Requires Master's or Bachelor's degree in arts education, museum studies or other related area with working knowledge of modern and contemporary art; 3 or more years professional experience in arts education including curriculum and program design; prior supervisory and budget management experience; excellent organizational and computer skills; ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
• Requirements for Qualification:
Familiarity with TEKS, and operations and procedures of AISD
Extensive knowledge of Latin American Art, History & Culture
Fluency in Spanish desired
Ability to obtain FBI Clearance, and Texas Background Check approval
Valid TX Drivers license and reliable transportation
Compensation: This is a full-time position with benefits, including healthcare and dental insurance opportunities. The position is 40 hours per week, with some additional evening and weekend hours required. Salary is $35000 per year.
This Ad has been viewed 145 times.