The Development Assistant is a key member of the Development Team (D-Team) whose primary responsibility is to assist the Deputy Director & Senior Director of Development (DD) with all administrative activities regarding the development department. These duties include correspondence with donors, scheduling, record keeping, file maintenance, and overall departmental support where needed. Secondary responsibilities include assisting the Development & Events Manager with on-site event support, which includes work on some evenings and weekends. This is an ideal position for someone interested in a career in development and events management.
- Written correspondence with donors and prospects on letterhead, company stationery, etc. Includes weekly and monthly rounds of letters to key donors from DD and Executive Director (ED); annual letters to Board of Directors and Advisory Board; and post-gala letters from Board Chairs to table sponsors and host committee members.
- Scheduling: Includes DD appointments, team appointments, and maintaining master development calendar of appointments of relevance to D-Team.
- Maintains records for all D-Team meetings: Notes and follow-up from weekly development meetings; minutes from development committee meetings; follow-up items from all DD meetings, including documentation of action items for weekly one-on-one with Development & Events Manager, Director of Institutional Giving, and Corporate Engagement & Membership Manager; regular meetings with ED and key Board members.
- Coordination of development committee meetings, including scheduling, preparation for meetings with printed agendas and hospitality, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Updating department documents related to donors and prospects.
- Filing and maintenance of all D-Team records and documents.
- Keeping board prospect lists updated with notes from DD and ED.
- Compiling prospect lists from board members, such as programs, invites, and brochures, to review and fuse into development efforts.
- Prepping for meetings with donors, including arranging hospitality, at times gifts, and promotional materials.
- Maintaining file of department receipts, record-keeping of department expenses, and filing expense documentation with finance. Credit card transactions reporting for D-Team.
- Departmental paperwork, including time sheet collection (twice a month), paid-time off and flex-time request processing for DD, inputting dates for leave of absence on DD’s and department calendar.
- Assembling event binders for chairs, department leadership, and key board members.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the DD.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years’ or more administrative experience, preferably in a museum or non-profit setting
- Experience working with Board and Committee relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Word and Excel
- An understanding of and an ability to articulate the accomplishments and goals of an organization like the Asia Society
- Interest and background in Asian cultures and/or foreign affairs
- A team player with a collaborative, customer-service oriented approach
- Creative self-starter comfortable interacting with the public in a professional, courteous manner
- Strong organizational skills, with strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with entire development team on joint projects
- Organized and accurate, with attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented, displaying a high level of ethics and integrity
Asia Society Texas Center does not provide compensation for interview travel nor relocation expenses.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter and resume indicating position and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department, HRDept@asiasociety.org.
Indicate job title in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
No phone calls, please.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
This Ad has been viewed 124 times.