Zhulong Gallery Seeks Lead Gallery Assistant
Zhulong Gallery, located in the Dallas Design District, is searching for a lead gallery assistant to oversee and manage exhibition logistics, aid in the day-to-day operations of the gallery, provide administrative and research support to the Director, as well as develop, attend and oversee additional programming. This is a full-time salaried position with room for creative growth based on performance. The Lead Gallery Assistant schedule is Tuesday – Saturday with additional events.
Ideal candidate will have proven success in coordinating exhibitions, expense monitoring, handling and installing art, etc. Strong organizational and computer skills a must. Previous experience in a museum setting, preferably within a registration or curatorial department is preferred.
Zhulong Gallery presents contemporary art that acknowledges the prevalence of technology in everyday life. Exhibitions range from video installations, interactive works, as well as sculpture, paintings, and works on paper. Zhulong Gallery develops regular programming dedicated to education and cultural and artistic collaboration in the public realm. For more information, visit zhulonggallery.com.
1. Monitor exhibition budgets and expenses.
2. Responsible for all artwork and loans, including conditioning, insuring, handling and installing artwork, and supervising packing and shipping.
3. Implement and maintain contracts.
4. Work with the Director to coordinate educational programming relating to exhibitions.
5. Develop proposals, contracts, and correspondence with clients, arts institutions and artists related to exhibitions.
6. Implement and maintain artist database.
7. Manage calendars and create scheduling system for exhibitions and art fairs.
8. Supervise student interns, gallery assistants and delegate tasks effectively.
9. Responsible for managing and updating gallery website, and social media.
10. Develop, coordinate, distribute and draft social media materials and website content.
11. Ability to proofread and edit all materials.
12. Other duties as assigned.
MA in Art History preferred, with general knowledge of modern and contemporary art.
1-2 years experience within a museum setting (registration and curatorial departments preferred)
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Experience in handling art required.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please submit a short writing sample, resume/cv, and a list of three references and their contact information to: email@example.com. The position will begin early to mid-September and salary is $24,000.
This Ad has been viewed 435 times.