The Development Coordinator is a key member of the development team and handles all incoming contributions and data entry related to information on members, donors, and prospective donors. Responsibilities center on timely updates of information, generating giving and donor reports, and preparing lists for mailings.
The responsibilities of this position fall into three main areas:
- Accurate data entry and gift processing of all incoming contributions, including membership dues. This accounts for approximately 40 percent of the position.
- Assisting the Corporate Engagement and Membership Manager in activities related to acquisition, retention and upgrading of memberships as well as, research of existing and new members. This accounts for 30 percent of the position.
- Assist Development & Events Manager with the event logistics. This accounts for the final 30 percent of the position.
- Process incoming gifts, including online transactions, credit card charges, cash and checks.
- Manage acknowledgment letters so they are mailed out within 24 to 48 hours from receipt of gift
- Create Daily Income Report (DIR) to Finance Department for reconciliation and Daily Development Report (DDR) to Development, Exhibition and Special Events team
- Configure information in the database for accurate reporting on campaigns and appeal revenue
- Measure the success of the online giving program through use of the NetCommunity module
- Update the online donation page, as needed, for accurate reporting on designated gifts
- Process online event registrations and track attendees in the database event module
- Maintain donor records for up-to-date contact information in both database and hard copy form
- Work closely with Patron Services to track program attendees in the database
- Mail membership cards along with acknowledgement letters
- Submit renewal membership letters in a timely fashion
- Conduct basic research to vet existing and new members to identify likely prospects for higher level contributions to the organization
- Assist Development & Events Manager with printed event materials, in-house mailings and, if necessary, onsite event logistics (pre and post event)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database preferred, or similar database application
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- An understanding of, and an ability to articulate, the accomplishments and goals of an organization like the Asia Society
- Interest and background in Asian cultures and/or foreign affairs
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Proven organizational skills, with strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to interact with the public in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to work collaboratively with entire development team on joint projects
- Organized and accurate, with attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented, displaying a high level of ethics and integrity
Commensurate with experience. Asia Society Texas Center offers an attractive benefits package.
Asia Society Texas Center does not provide compensation for interview travel nor relocation expenses.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume indicating position and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department, HRDept@asiasociety.org.
Indicate job title in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
No phone calls, please.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
This Ad has been viewed 136 times.