• Use PastPerfect museum database to assist in maintenance of artwork records & archives. Use Word and Excel as needed. (Experience preferred but not required.)
• Assist with upgrading PC & Mac computers to be ready for cataloguing.
• Create and digitize documents or photographs.
• Attach photographs of Umlauf artwork to PastPerfect records.
• Create and process Loan forms, Deeds of Gifts and collection records
• Create detailed Condition Reports for specified artworks with photographic documentation
• Assist in handling, packing & inspection of objects entering or leaving UMLAUF
• Proofread, edit UMLAUF exhibitions material
• Handle art objects (paper, ceramic, bronze, stone, etc.) according to museum standards
• Contribute to UMLAUF-specific Collections Policy manual based on City of Austin manual
• Research artwork and articles upon request
• Off-premises research/assignments at UT-Austin, local libraries, private collections, etc. possible
• Perform off-premises errands as needed
• Questions? Please speak with Curator or other staff member as appropriate.
• report directly to the Curator; at times report to or accept duties from other staff
• 8-12 hours/week at the UMLAUF
• maintain familiarity with UMLAUF mission, plans, Charles Umlauf’s art & life
• keep up to date on current UMLAUF exhibitions & events
• comportment and dress as representative of UMLAUF
Term of internship: September 2014-May 2015 - with potential for renewal.
Stipend: $250.00/month to defray travel costs.
If you are interested in applying, email your resume and brief letter of interest: email@example.com
The Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum uses its vast collection of sculptures, paintings, and drawings by 20th century American sculptor Charles Umlauf to provide educational programs and experiences that encourage the understanding and appreciation of sculpture.
This Ad has been viewed 122 times.