Date Posted: 06/30/14
Deadline date: 07/11/14
Organization: Writers in the Schools (WITS)
Writers in the Schools (WITS) seeks a Development Coordinator to play a key role in the Development and Communications department. This position requires a thoughtful, dedicated individual with strong writing and communication skills.
WITS is seeking an experienced development professional, who takes initiative, can multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, conduct research, plan events, think creatively, connect with volunteers, manage contracts, and work both independently and as part of a team.
This position will fuel educational change, bringing creativity and literacy to 24,000 children and teachers annually. For a complete job description, see below.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, July 11
• 2-3 years development experience at a non-profit or equivalent
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team to accomplish project goals
• Proven success writing grants, reports, and work plans, including understanding project budgets
• Experience planning special events and working with volunteers
• Background in relationship management processes, including implementation of acknowledgements for grants and gifts received
• Bachelor’s degree (required)
• Ability to effectively and efficiently use Microsoft Office and database applications, such as Salesforce and/or Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
• Ability to work independently and manage workload and deadlines with minimal guidance.
• Highly organized and energetic, passionate about creativity in education, and enthusiastic about taking on challenges.
• Ability to work as a highly cooperative team member.
• Flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to tell the WITS story in a meaningful and compelling way.
• Maintains strict confidentiality about requests and donor information.
• Collaborate closely with WITS Executive Director, Development Director, WITS Board and Development Committee members to ensure the growth of funding potential and promote awareness for WITS.
• Write foundation grants, governmental grants, corporate sponsorships and funder reports
• Deliver successful fundraising events by working with staff, a high-profile host committee, and the WITS Board Development Committee to coordinate and implement an annual benefit and ongoing donor events.
• Manage projects with interns, board and corporate volunteers, and consultants
• Prepare fundraising materials for all WITS campaigns, including annual fund and corporate solicitations
• Conduct donor and prospect research
• Maintain donor relations, external communications, and metrics-based reporting
• Process donations, prepare timely acknowledgment letters, and maintain donor files, reconciling regularly with the Accounting Manager
• Assists and supports staff and volunteers as required
WITS offers a competitive compensation package with benefits, and a fast-paced, collaborative, and friendly work environment. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Robin Reagler
This Ad has been viewed 23 times.