Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum, San Antonio’s first and longest-running venue for contemporary art, seeks a Exhibitions and Education Programs Intern for Summer 2014. The Exhibitions and Education Programs Intern is an unpaid, 15-20 hour a week opportunity, lasting from July 7th to August 29th.
The Exhibitions and Education Programs Intern will work with the Exhibition and Programs Manager. The successful candidate will work with staff in executing summer programing and planning fall programming for youth and adults. Additionally the intern will assist in exhibitions related tasks.
The ideal candidate is productive, organized, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is passionate about visual art, and a strong interest in art education.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on development of programs lesson plans and activities
- Outreach to community for programs registration
- Orient education volunteers to activities
- Assist artists leading workshops
- Art education student or studio/art history student interested in art education and working in a museum environment.
- Must be good with children.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus.
Guided by its mission to inspire the creative genius in all of us by nurturing artists, Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum is a dynamic, innovative destination for contemporary ideas.
Please email in PDF format your current CV and a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes your skills and experience to meet the qualifications of the position to: email@example.com by Monday, June 30, 2014. Please include “Exhibitions and Education Programs Intern” in the subject line. Applicants contacted for an interview will be required to submit a letter of reference from an academic or professional source.
This Ad has been viewed 79 times.