Title: Assistant Registrar
Reports To: Collections Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Benefits: Group medical and dental, vision and life insurance. 401k plan. Paid time off.
How to apply: E-mail (preferred) resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Or Mail to:
Attn: Abraham Carrillo
Crow Collection of Asian Art
2010 Flora Street
Dallas, TX 75201 to Apply:
The Crow Collection of Asian Art seeks an Assistant Registrar to assist its Collections Manager and Curator with exhibitions logistics and maintenance of Museum collections. Duties will include, but are not limited to, objects handling and documentation; generating condition and inventory reports; creating and updating database records; monitoring environmental readings; facilitating pest control; coordinating packing, shipping, and insurance; and completing other special project duties as assigned. As the key administrative liaison between the internal and external elements of exhibition planning and realization, the Assistant Registrar will also maintain departmental correspondence; make travel arrangements; assist with departmental budgets; and schedule contract personnel as needed.
• Completing annual inventories of Museum holdings, working hands-on with materials stored in both onsite and offsite facilities.
• Creating, maintaining, and updating database records and archival hard-copy files for Museum collections and exhibitions campaigns.
• Administering the accession process for new Museum acquisitions, including generating deeds of gift, arranging insurance coverage, determining appropriate storage arrangements, and facilitating packing, shipping, conservation, and photography as needed.
• Administering the assembly and dispersal of all materials loaned to the Museum for its exhibition campaigns, coordinating with Museum staff and lenders to ensure that all paperwork and arrangements are in place in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Aiding Museum staff with other logistical tasks as designated by the Collections Manager and Curator.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) in art history, museum studies, or related field, or equivalent experience with museum collections.
• Minimum of one to two years working directly with collections in an art, history, or natural science museum.
• Superb organizational skills and ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and problem-solve under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work both independently and as a member of an interdepartmental team.
• Excellent judgment, tact, and discretion.
• Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
• Professional understanding of standard museum practices, including awareness of relevant technologies and proficiency with archival databases (knowledge of PastPerfect a plus).
• Art-handling experience and ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
About the Crow Collection of Asian Art
Located in the Dallas Arts District, The Trammell and Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art opened to the general public as a permanent museum in December 1998. Continuing the legacy of Trammell and Margaret Crow’s vision, the museum’s distinguished collection and public programs are dedicated to the arts and cultures of China, Japan, India and Southeast Asia. Just 14 years in operation, this lovingly curated free museum offers a serene setting for quiet reflection in the heart of downtown Dallas. For more information about the Crow Collection of Asian Art, please visit www.crowcollection.org
This Ad has been viewed 228 times.