The Marketing Associate develops, implements, and supervises a strategic and comprehensive marketing, outreach, advertising, and social media plan to build awareness and audiences for all Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS) programs including the annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival (HCAF) as well as other year-round screenings, educational outreach, special events, and future initiatives. Reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with Artistic Director, Marketing and PR Committee, Public Relations team, and Marketing consultant.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITES
• Oversees and marshals the support of seasonal independent contractors (Outreach and Social Media Coordinators), nonprofit partners, volunteers and interns who assist with outreach (including board members, marketing committee, teen council, publicity interns, etc.)
• Works closely with the regional and national publicists to ensure editorial print and broadcast coverage for year-round events and HCAF.
• Works with website designer, Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Marketing Committee to facilitate implementation of new website for HCAS and HCAF. Manages ongoing website updates, content, and analytics.
• Works with Executive Director, Artistic Director, and graphics designer to plan and execute all marketing materials including membership brochures, sponsorship materials, rack cards, postcards, HCAF preview brochure, HCAF Program Guide, and annual HCAS yearbook and other promotional items.
• Provides quantitative and qualitative reports of all marketing, outreach, advertising, and social media results. Works with board committee to plan and analyze survey instruments to measure effectiveness of programs and reach.
• Edits and publishes e-newsletter.
• Solicits and maintains relationships for in-kind media sponsorships for all HCAS programs.
• Manages day-to-day relationship with external box office service for HCAF.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 – 5 years experience in Marketing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
• Ability to manage many projects simultaneously.
• Ability to manage both seasonal independent contractors and volunteers.
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and serve as a representative of the organization in a professional manner.
• Proficiency with MAC computers and a variety of software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, FileMaker Pro (or equivalent database software), File Transfer Protocols, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
• Proficiency with use and maintenance of a variety of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram, Vimeo, Google+, etc.
• Proficiency with e-newsletter software e.g. Constant Contact (or equivalent) and ability to write newsletter articles and/or meaningful blog entries.
• Proficiency with Word Press (or equivalent).
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in securing in-kind media sponsorships.
• Knowledge of media placement and negotiation including trade and in-kind.
• Knowledge of graphics design with an eye for quality design aesthetic.
• Knowledge of current marketing and graphic trends in print and online media as well as printed marketing materials.
• Knowledge of video editing software including iMovie, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, etc., is a plus.
This Ad has been viewed 68 times.