THE SUB-MISSION: CALL FOR PROPOSALS
2015 APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW OPEN
THE MISSION presents: THE SUB-MISSION, an alternative installation project space dedicated to the development of artists living and working in Chicago. Located below the main gallery, THE SUB-MISSION is a natural progression toward fulfilling our mission statement. Specifically, THE SUB-MISSION was created to showcase local artists, foster the investigation of new ideas and artistic processes, and facilitate an exchange between artists and the artistic community.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Saturday, August 23, 2014
To be considered, please submit an application in one PDF or Word document to email@example.com. THE SUB-MISSION is accepting electronic applications only.
Applications MUST include:
- Current CV
- Artist statement
- A one-page summary of your proposed installation project including materials, installation timeline, and layout
- No more than five images, sketches, or other visual representations of your proposed project
- Contact information including phone number and e-mail address
All submissions are eligible for the January 2015 exhibition slot.
Projects that cannot be exhibition-ready by January 2, 2015 cannot be considered.
More information and application guidelines are available at http://themissionprojects.com/thesubmission/
Please email proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email email@example.com
Only one proposal per artist. No phone calls please.
THE MISSION is pleased to welcome the 2015 SUB-MISSION selection committee:
- Adam Brooks, Chicago-based artist, curator, and educator; Professor of Fine Art at Columbia College Chicago; co-founder of Industry of the Ordinary
- Robyn Farrell, Curatorial Assistant for Contemporary Art at The Art Institute of Chicago
- Scott Hunter, Chicago-based collector and independent curator; Associate Professor of Psychiatry & Pediatrics, University of Chicago
- Thea Liberty Nichols, Chicago-based curator and writer
Previous selection committee members: Lisa Dorin, Michelle Grabner, Tempestt Hazel, Megha Ralapati, John Sparagana, Lauren Weinberg, Robin Dluzen, Allison Grant, Jason Lazarus and Duncan MacKenzie
This Ad has been viewed 38 times.