Director of Development
Job Type: Fundraising/Development
Organization: Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
Application Closing Date: 6/14/2014
The Director of Development is a seasoned, “roll-up-your-sleeves” development professional. This position manages all aspects of securing funds from donors, sponsors, corporations and government entities for ongoing operating needs and designated special projects. The Director of Development works with departmental staff (2 coordinators) to identify, cultivate and solicit donors and donor prospects with the goal of increasing the number of donors and sponsors on a consistent and repeatable basis.
· Proactively prepares and implements a plan for creating and expanding annual fundraising and sponsorship programs.
· Assists in the preparation of annual goals, objectives, and strategies to identify donors, prospects and subscribers.
· Aggressively fundraises to attain annual revenue goals for operating, special projects and education program.
· Prepares grants and final reports for foundation, corporate, and government funders.
· Develops meaningful relationships with current and prospective major donors and sponsors.
· Develops and implements retention strategies to upgrade donors. Recognize disinterested donors and devise strategies to redirect their interests.
· Participates in execution of events and programs in support of development activities.
· Engages key volunteers and effectively utilizes events and other activities to move solicitations forward.
· Qualifies prospects for potential major gift capacity and interest. Provides appropriate background on prospects to be assigned to Vice President of Development.
· Schedules opportunities for key staff members to meet with potential donors and sponsors.
· Oversees prospect research as needed for potential foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities.
· Works to identify and secure corporate sponsorships and memberships.
· Crafts sponsorships that creatively and distinctly communicate unique opportunities to targeted prospects.
· Introduces The Tobin’s assets and marketing capabilities to the sponsor and demonstrates the branding values of The Tobin to create unique marketing opportunities.
· Successfully negotiates and closes sponsorships
· Supervises and directs two Development Coordinators
· Creates the annual plan for Development Department’s special events.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to five years of proven experience in direct fundraising.
· Strong persuasive writing and budgetary skills.
· Analysis, synthesis and clear communication of information through original writing.
· Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from donors, sponsors and corporations and foundations.
· Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development activities.
· A visionary and strategic thinker who is goal oriented.
· Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors and interact via telephone and in person with funders, must be an excellent networker and negotiator.
· Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability to articulate the needs, opportunities, and aspirations of The Tobin with clarity and enthusiasm.
· Possess ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet short deadlines with limited supervision.
· Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player.
· Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
· Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
Location: 115 Auditorium Circle
San Antonio, TX 78205
Web Site URL:www.tobincenter.org
This Ad has been viewed 37 times.