The 2014 Annual Membership Exhibition theme is Something Old, Something New, Something Funky, Something Blue: MAC@20 Membership Exhibition.
A new twist on a familiar phrase, celebrate 20 years of The MAC’s funky past, and help us add to our future!
All persons with memberships valid through August 2014 are eligible to submit artwork. Entrants must be or become members of The McKinney Avenue Contemporary at the time of submission. Membership applications and information about membership benefits can be acquired at The MAC – 3120 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX 75204 or www.the-mac.org. A One (1) Year Artist / Student Membership is $30.
Member Artist Submissions & Requirements
Each artist can submit only one artwork but could also participate in one collaborative work.
1. All works must be labeled with the following information:
- Artists first and last name
- Title, media and date of work
- Indication of top of image if necessary for visual art
2. Work must have been produced within the 12 months prior to the exhibition.
3. Work must not have been previously shown at The MAC.
4. Dimensions of artwork, including the frame, should not exceed 2’ in any dimension.
5. Work must be ready to hang
6. Include a caption sheet with your name, address and contact information at the top left of the page.
The caption sheet should include:
- Brief captions or explanatory notes of work
- Price if the work is for sale
Drop Off Dates & Deadline
Drop off dates are July 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, and 22nd from 11am to 8pm. All entries must be received no later than Tuesday, July 22nd at 8:00pm. Please contact The MAC to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork if these dates/times conflict with your schedule. Out of town artists are welcomed to ship their artwork to The MAC before July 22nd. Please include paid return shipment or make alternative arrangements for the return of your artwork.
Notification and Return of Work
The MAC will provide a time and date after the closing of the exhibition for all works to be collected. The MAC requests that artists who sell their work as a result of the show to arrange separately for the delivery of the work to the buyer.
The MAC is not responsible for the loss or damage of works while in transit. The MAC reserves the right to reproduce images of artwork in the 2014 Membership Exhibition on The MAC website and in any Membership Exhibition advertising or collateral associated with the exhibition. Submission of work to the exhibit indicates acceptance of conditions stated above.
This Ad has been viewed 48 times.