Houston Arts Alliance seeks a Communications Intern for Summer 2014.
The Communications internship is approximately 16 hours a week, lasting from June 2 to August 15. This internship is unpaid, but the benefits include attaining considerable knowledge of arts marketing, public and media relations, and the city’s arts agency.
The Communications Intern will work with the Director of Communications and Advancement + Digital Marketing Coordinator. The successful candidate will work with HAA staff to develop marketing materials and social media messaging for Transported + Renewed, a major three-month project in Houston's East End. Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organized, have an interest in the arts, and a strong interest in journalism and/or public relations.
- Build press kits
- Create copy for marketing materials
- Hands-on development of press list
- Outreach to community broadcast affairs programs
- Distribute marketing materials
- Assist with social media messaging
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Academic focus in journalism, public relations, or related field
- Excel experience is a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume, and one reference to email@example.com by Tuesday, May 27, 2014 to be considered for this position. Please include “Communications Internship” in the subject line.
This Ad has been viewed 52 times.