Job Title: Art League Houston Visual Arts Director Intern
Reports to: Visual Arts Director
Please contact Jennie@artleaguehouston.org with your application
Daily duties include:
• Assist with Exhibition Programming
• Update database and contact lists
• Assist with exhibition Installation/de-installation (Lots of physical work)
• Assist with Press and marketing
• Prepare membership and donor mailings
• Assist with the set-up and tear down of public events and performances
• Assist Art League staff with general administration office duties
• Major/minor in studio art, art history, graphic design and/or arts management
• Creative thinking
• Experience with or interest in programming and curating
• Reliable transportation
• Good verbal and writing skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Friendly, works well with people
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Resourceful, flexible, reliable personality and a team player
• Ability to work in a shared office space – capacity to multi-task
• Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with Facebook, Constant Contact and Word Press preferred but not required
Interns are an integral part of ALH and are valued for the variety of skills and knowledge they bring to our organization. During their time at the ALH, interns have the opportunity to do a variety of projects, ranging from working with artists to install exhibitions - to planning a special event. Keeping with the mission of ALH – to cultivate awareness, appreciation, and accessibility of contemporary visual art within the community for its cultural enrichment, interns work hands-on with the staff to create personally meaningful and culturally significant experiences.
ALH internships are fifteen hours a week and last for three months. The internships are unpaid, but the benefits, in addition to experience, include exposure to a wealth of information about the contemporary arts community, locally and internationally. Internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates, and may be applied as course credit.
Must be able to work two days a week between Monday - Friday; 9AM-5PM and occasional evenings/weekends. Academic credit is possible. Candidates must have a car.
This Ad has been viewed 123 times.