Administrative Assistant to the Director's Office - Artpace
Administrative Assistant to the Director’s Office
Artpace San Antonio
Full-time, 35 hours/week
Artpace San Antonio, an advocate for contemporary art and a catalyst for the creation of significant art projects, seeks an Administrative Assistant to the Director’s Office. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail. Responsibilities may include screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and financial data. Requires strong computer and internet research skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as all donors, members, guests and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
The Administrative Assistant to the Director’s Office reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Manager, Director’s Office and Residency Program to ensure the Director’s office is efficiently run and add support to the staff in their quest for excellence.
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to
• Maintains Director’s office appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel as needed
• Works with Manager, Director’s Office and Residency Program, to provide administrative support for the meetings of Artpace’s Board of Directors
• Facilitate and draft, format, and compile materials for staff birthdays and occasional staff events, VIP and exhibition media previews, curator and artist preliminary visits and residency welcome meetings, occasional staff retreats, and all other meetings called by the Director’s office and Board of Directors
• Records minutes at various meetings and archives and distributes them accordingly
• Assist with researching and compiling materials for international artist work visa petitions
• Assists finance department with filing, data entry, and collection of documentation of staff
• Maintains institutional Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status
• Responsible for maintaining institutional telephone system including updating voicemail recording
• Maintains office supplies and institutional stationary inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies
• Ensures operation of institutional office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment options; renewing vendor contracts
• Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of two years of hands on administrative support experience is required
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to work collaboratively, independently, efficiently, and proactively
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of/active interest in contemporary art desirable
Artpace believes that art is a dynamic social force that inspires individuals and defines cultures. Our residencies, exhibitions, and education programs nurture the creative expression of emerging and established artists, while actively engaging youth and adult audiences. Artpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is full time, including some evenings and weekends, and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Please email in PDF format your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position by Friday, March 7, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ad has been viewed 92 times