Administrative Assistant at the Printing Museum
1) The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing basic administrative support to a full-time staff of three. Duties include ordering supplies, maintaining relationships with vendors and service providers, assisting with meeting preparation, taking notes at meetings when requested, opening and distributing mail, maintaining the museum calendar, scheduling rentals of the museum’s facilities, and other related tasks as assigned.
2) The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the basic, day-to-day, data entry into the Quickbooks accounting system.
3) The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Giftworks fundraising database. The Administrative Assistant will work with museum staff to generate mailing lists and to send out membership solicitations, acknowledgements, and renewal letters.
4) The Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating with the part-time Visitor Services Assistant to ensure coverage of reception duties, i.e. greet visitors, answer phones, respond to general inquiries, take workshop registrations, schedule tours, record attendance data, etc.
5) The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting museum staff with the planning and execution of all public programs and special events including exhibition openings, Houston Book Fair, and annual gala.
6) In all matters, the Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Director.
Required qualifications: Retail and/or office administration work experience. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and to work under varying degrees of supervision. Professional presence. Diplomatic. Ability to work effectively with diverse staff and volunteers. Solid computer skills. Ability to work some weekends, holidays and special event hours. Must have a Texas Driver’s License, and be able to lift 40 pounds.
Preferred qualifications: Knowledge of fundraising software and basic financial record-keeping practices and procedures.
Compensation: $12 per hour, 25 hours a week, hours to be determined (Monday-Saturday, 10 am-5pm). Some Saturdays will be required. The Printing Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and 3 references to:
Amanda Stevenson, Interim Executive Director
The Printing Museum
1324 West Clay Street
Houston, TX 77019
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2014. (No phone calls please).
This ad has been viewed 132 times