Voices Breaking Boundaries’ Production Manager
The mission of Voices Breaking Boundaries, a multidisciplinary arts organization, is to cross borders, sustain dialogue, and incite social justice through art. For more information visit vbbarts.org
Position: Production Manager: Part-time/Contract – 20-25 hours/week plus some evenings and weekends
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voices Breaking Boundaries is looking for a dynamic candidate to work with our board and our artistic community to tackle social justice through art. The Production Manager works in collaboration with the Artistic Director, Managing Director, artists, and curatorial team to support and implement the organization’s Spring 2014 production season, consistent with the mission. The Production Manager is responsible for project management and marketing.
Overall responsibilities: The Production Manager reports directly to the Managing Director. The ideal candidate is passionate about his/ her work, has a strong work ethic and the capacity to meet and advance VBB’s priorities. The candidate has strong organizational, communicational, and time management skills, and the ability to work with individuals from a broad array of class, ethnic, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other backgrounds.
Primary responsibilities include
- Serve as liaison between VBB, Curators, Artists (both local and overseas) to ensure that artist selection, lineup and performance is documented and communicated with all participating team members
- Oversee and coordinate VBB’s spring productions
- Manage general marketing endeavors, including social media campaigns
- Liaise with technical staff to ensure all installations are operating and that all production needs are met
- Maintain organization’s database systems, and all external correspondence with community
- Work with Managing Director on flyer and program design for productions
- Work with community members and Managing Director to ensure community participation
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Word and Adobe system
- Ability to work in a team but also function well under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to create and prioritize objectives, use good judgment, pay attention to detail, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, and carry projects to completion in a timely manner
- Must be willing to work some weeknights and weekends + attend one weekly staff meeting at VBB’s office
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice and international issues is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of non-profits is preferred
- Preferred: bilingual in Spanish-English
Part-Time Contract Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Resumes will be accepted no later than February 25th.
Interviews will be conducted in late February and position
will start by early March.
This ad has been viewed 45 times