PPHM Modern Women of the West Photography Contest
CANYON, TEXAS—Have you or your child ever taken a photograph and thought that it should be hanging on a wall at a museum? PPHM is giving you that opportunity! We will be accepting submissions for our Modern Women of the West Photography Contest. The theme “Modern Women of the West” is open to your interpretation. She could be a mother or cowgirl, teacher or businesswoman, colleague or friend. Or all of the above! Your picture should capture her in action at being a Modern Woman of the West.
The following guidelines must be followed for your entry to be considered:
· Photograph must be a printed 8x10
· Subject must be of a Modern Woman of the West
· Photos may be cropped, but must not be digitally enhanced
· Your name and age category must be listed on the back of the photo
· Age categories are: 5-10, 11-15, 16-24, 25+
· One entry per person
· Photos must be submitted in a manila envelope with your name and contact information on the front of the envelope and turned in by the deadline to the PPHM Front Desk.
All submissions must be received no later than 4pm on February 22, 2014 for consideration. Please turn entries in to the Admissions Desk in Pioneer Hall. Pictures will be on display in the museum from March 1 thru April 1, and guests will be able to vote on their favorite. Awards will be presented at the end of the exhibition.
Located on the campus of West Texas A&M University, the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum is the largest history museum in Texas, with more than 285,000 square feet—and over two million artifacts—dedicated to preserving this area’s past. PPHM offers visitors a chance to step into panhandle history with special exhibits, a permanent collection, Pioneer Town, cell phone tours, educational tours and special events. For more information about PPHM please visit www.panhandleplains.org .
This ad has been viewed 33 times