Present a French Theater Company
Title Present a French Theater Company
Organization Cultural Attaché
Closing Date Monday, February 10, 2014
Location Houston, TX
In the U.S.:
This grant program is designed to support American productions of French contemporary playwrights, residencies of French directors, and the presentation of multidisciplinary theater (including objects, sound, physical, and visual theater) in the U.S.
The French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater, a Franco-American grant program, is dedicated to fostering innovative artistic collaborations in the field of theater and to contributing to the dynamism of intercultural dialogue and exchange between France and the U.S.
The Fund is an initiative of the the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the United States, the Institut Français, and FACE, and receives funding from the Institut Francais, the French Embassy in the United States, the Florence Gould Foundation, and the Catherine Popesco Foundation for the Arts. The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has provided major support for the presentation of the work of US artists in France.
The French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater supports production of contemporary playwrights, residencies of directors, and multidisciplinary theater either in the U.S. or in France.
The French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater is particularly interested in supporting theater projects that explore aesthetic boundaries and reflect the cultural and aesthetic diversity alive in theater today.
Co-productions and partnerships between cultural institutions are strongly encouraged.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 10, 2014
Guidelines and applications to the French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater are available at www.facecouncil.org/contemporarytheater/index.html
Criteria and Eligibility Details
- Only non-profit organizations are eligible. American organizations must demonstrate their 501(c)(3) status granted by the IRS. French organizations must provide proof of equivalent nonprofit status for eligibility.
- American organizations must present a project which involves at least one French theater artist (or legal resident of France for more than five (5) years or a French-American artistic collaboration.
- French institutions must present a project which involves at least one American theater artist (or legal resident resident of the United States for more than five (5) years in the project submitted.
- The organisation (presenter, festival, university…) must show a clear financial and artistic commitment towards the project.
- Companies and ensembles may submit applications to the French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater only if they have identified one or several presenting partners who have indicated in writing their willingness to participate in the collaboration.
- No grants are awarded to individual artists.
- Applicants may reapply to the French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater for the same project in subsequent years only if the project has developed significantly since the last application.
- When performed in the United States, productions including texts must be performed either in English or in French with titles or simultaneous translation.
- When performed in France, productions including texts in English must be performed with French titles or simultaneous translation.
- Applications for projects which have already begun will be ineligible.
- Only projects whose presentation begins after May 1st of the application year will be eligible.
- The amount of the grant requested cannot exceed 50% of the total budget for the project or the amount of $25,000.
This ad has been viewed 43 times