Title IMAGINE 2014
Organization Round Rock Arts
Closing Date Friday, February 7, 2014
Location Round Rock, TX
ROUND ROCK ARTS “IMAGINE” EXHIBIT 2014
CALL FOR ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS – ‘JURIED SHOW’
Round Rock Arts Council (RRA) whose purpose is to encourage, support and enhance current and new arts & cultural activities, is now accepting artwork submissions from all artists 18 years of age and older who reside or work within the greater Round Rock/Austin area for its Imagine Exhibit. Entries must be original work in any visual media including: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, ceramics, fibers, computer based art, or mixed media. Artwork may be two or three-dimensional. All artworks welcome except crafts, large scale installations and video projected art due to limited exhibit space and nature of exhibit. RRA carries no insurance for loss or damage to artwork in the exhibit or in transit, nor assumes liability for the same. However, every precaution will be taken for the safety of the work. Artists should provide their own coverage if desired.
The exhibit runs from February 28 – May 16, 2014.
Deadline for artwork submission is Friday, Friday 7, 2014.
No late entries will be considered.
Opening Reception will be Friday, February 28, 2014.
Artist will deliver accepted works to the Imagine exhibit on Friday, February 21, 2014 to Texas State University, 1555 University Blvd., Round Rock, TX.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
1. Artist may submit up to 3 original works in pdf or jpeg formats at a minimum pixel file size of 1024X768 and not to exceed 5 MB in size online at www.roundrockarts.org
2. Artist must complete Artist Information form below.
3. A fee of $15 is required per entry at time of artwork submission. Payments may be made through PayPal.
4. Art content must be family friendly, as it will be displayed in a community facility.
5. Artist will be responsible for art delivery and pickup at dates specified upon notification of art selection(s).
6. A People’s Choice Award will be given to one selected artwork during the opening reception Friday, Feb. 28, 2014.
7. Artist must agree to display during the entire exhibit. No work may be taken down early due to sale(s),
8. If a work is sold during the exhibit time period, the art shall remain in the exhibit until official take down, Friday, May 16, 2014. Customers may pick up sold pieces at that time. Artists are NOT ALLOWED to remove any art
prior to take down date.
9. Art work that is not picked up on the scheduled take down date without prior arrangements will be donated to charity.
3D works and sculptures which are accepted must be set in place by the artist, including pedestals for display. All two-dimensional work must be framed, with some exceptions:
1. Work supported by a dowel and having either grommets or wire for hanging. (NO SAW TOOTH hangers will be accepted)
2. Unframed stretched canvas (wrapped canvas) will be accepted if the sides are painted and no staples are visible. Fully wrapped canvas – must also be wired for hanging – NO SAW TOOTH hangers will be accepted. Wrapped
canvas must be a minimum of 1 inch deep.
3. No two-dimensional work shall exceed 4’ vertical and 3’ horizontal overall (multi-part must include spacing) including frame, nor shall weigh more than 20 lbs. each unit. All hanging works must be wired with heavy picture
wire attached securely for hanging in order to be considered for exhibit. All works on paper or fragile surfaces must be framed and/or under protective Plexiglas or glass.
4. Three-dimensional work may be a minimum of 10 in. and a maximum of 4 ft. in any one direction and shall not exceed 20 lbs. in each unit. Multiple part works must have each part labeled along with the diagram for hanging
or assembly on each part.
5. Wet and/or uncured paintings, electrical works, works needing special hooks or any work considered unsafe will not be accepted. Work deemed too fragile or delicate or failing to meet other requirements, will not be
*Please note that initial acceptance of submission does not guarantee acceptance in the exhibition. The artwork may be declined at the council’s discretion.
EXHIBITION DATES & DEADLINES
1. Deadline for submission by artist is Friday, February 7, 2014. No late entries will be considered.
2. Selected artists will be notified by email on Friday, February 14, 2014.
3. Date for delivery of art is Friday, February 21, from 7 a.m. to 1 pm. Late arrivals of artwork will not be considered.
4. Opening Reception is Friday, February 28, 2014.
5. Exhibit dates are February 28 – May 16, 2014
6. Date for pick up of Imagine art is Friday, May 16, 2014 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Delivery of Artwork
Deliver items on Friday, February 21, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., to Texas State University Higher Education Center, 1555 University Blvd, Round Rock, 78665. Volunteers will be available to assist you. Please park in Guest Parking.
For additional information, please send inquiry to: email@example.com or call 512.218.7099 or 512-689-2450.
Texas State University Higher Education Center, 1555 University Blvd, Round Rock, 78665
This ad has been viewed 46 times