2014 Chilkoot Trail Artist Residency
Title 2014 Chilkoot Trail Artist Residency
Organization Yukon Arts Centre
Closing Date Sunday, February 2, 2014
Location Skagway, Alaska and Whitehorse, Yukon
Call for Artists: 2014 Chilkoot Trail Artist Residency Program
Together Yukon Arts Centre, Parks Canada and the US National Park Service are seeking three visual artists – one from Canada, one from the United States and one regional (Yukon or Alaska) – to participate in a cross-border creative journey. The Chilkoot Trail Artist Residency Program invites artists to hike the famous Chilkoot Trail, passing through Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park (Alaska) and Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site (northern British Columbia). Entering its fourth consecutive year, this one-of-a-kind program is a unique opportunity for artists to practice and promote their work in a spectacular setting!
Some details about the program:
• each artist will individually spend a two week period (between late June and early August) hiking the historic trail once traversed by Tlingit First Nation traders and Klondike Gold Rush Stampeders, spending one to three days at each campsite
• selected artists are expected to interact with hikers, make art and engage with site’s natural and historic heritage
• each artist must provide and carry all of their backpacking gear, food and art supplies for the journey; artists should be accompanied by a friend or family member as support during their trek
• during and following the residencies, artists will present public outreach programs through artist talks, workshops and/or demonstrations
• a $1000 CAD honorarium will be provided by the Yukon Arts Centre, as well as up to $400 USD for travel expenses from Alaska Geographic and $100 USD for art supplies from Skagway Arts Council
Deadline for submission is February 1st, 2014. Program information and application forms are available at http://yukonartscentre.com/programs/chilkoot_trail_artist_residency_program. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ad has been viewed 45 times