Art League Houston seeks Development Coordinator
Art League Houston (ALH), a visual arts organization and art school celebrating its 65th anniversary, is seeking a half-time Development Coordinator (position has the ability to grow to full-time within the first year) to work closely with the Executive Director on all fundraising activities. At least three years of development experience is required as well as excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills. We are seeking an individual who is pursuing development/fundraising in the nonprofit sector as a career and looking for a permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience and career goals.
• Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
• Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
• Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation and corporate contacts and program officers.
• Ensure prompt acknowledgement of all gifts.
• Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
• Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
• Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
• Visibly represent ALH in the community and travel to appropriate fundraising conferences
• Oversee and manage annual gala and art auction
• Work evenings and weekends as required
• Develop and grow our individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign; help ED cultivate major gifts
• High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
• Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors
• Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
• Good computer skills and knowledge of data base programs
• Knowledge of and ability to work with social media
To apply: please email a cover letter, résumé, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Art League Houston provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This ad has been viewed 136 times