P/T Teaching Artist for FotoFest's Literacy Through Photography program
FotoFest® is hiring part-time instructors, as part of our Literacy Through Photography in-school education program, to lead in-school and afterschool integrated digital photography and writing residencies in Houston area K-12 schools during the 2013-2014 school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting student-centered residency programs in Houston area elementary, middle and/or high schools, using carefully designed lesson plans that combine basic photography skills and visual analysis with creative writing;
- Maintaining communication with the school and FotoFest to report outcomes, make changes in program design, and assist with assessment;
- Compiling residency outlines, student projects, expenses and final reports in a timely manner;
- Attending a full, paid training in how to implement the LTP curriculum;
- Be present at opening reception for annual exhibition of student work in FotoFest gallery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Photography, Film + New Media, Art History, Creative Writing, Education or related field (greater consideration will be given to candidates who have a background in the visual arts, specifically photography), MA/MFA preferred;
- Experience working with inner-city youth in a classroom setting, K-12 teaching, lesson planning and curriculum development experience a plus;
- Strong technical skills and comfort working with technology + digital software, including but not limited to digital photography, HD Video, Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere/Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- A passion for connecting art to contemporary issues and situations;
- Must have reliable transportation and be available weekday afternoons from 3-6 pm;
- Individual will be required to pass a fingerprinting and background check through the State of Texas. In some cases, CPR certification may be required;
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Compensation & Schedule
Cohort Teachers are hired on a part-time, contractual basis, typically 2-4 hours per week. Compensation is hourly(number of hours will depend on the residency). School-based residencies occur during the school-day and after-school hours and typically between 9 am – 3 pm (school-day) and 3-6 pm (after-school).
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: LTP Cohort Teacher. Please submit a brief cover letter, resume and, if possible, a few examples of or link to online portfolio of work. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. An interview does not guarantee employment. No phone calls please.
This ad has been viewed 166 times