Fall 2013 Internships at Artpace San Antonio
U of Artpace
Internship Program Information
Artpace seeks college and university students to participate in internships for academic credit.
Spring, summer, and fall internships are unpaid and run for 8 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week during office hours (Monday - Friday). Artpace also encourages interns to attend its Public Programs.
Semester interns are an integral part of the organization, and Artpace seeks self-motivated candidates that can work both independently and collaboratively in a professional setting. Interns will apply their creativity, critical thinking skills, and enthusiasm to a wide range of projects under the mentorship of Artpace professionals.
Internship opportunities are available in the following departments:
• Archives: Gathers and organizes media related to resident artists. Other responsibilities include: documenting public and educational programs, transferring video program documentation, and offering assistance to visitors who utilize the Archive & Resource Library. Final Cut Pro experience is preferred, but not necessary.
• Curatorial: Gains an international, national, and local perspective of contemporary art and Artpace through researching artists, helping with the development of institutional publications, and partaking in day-to-day office duties.
• Director’s Office: Assists the director with researching artists, managing Artpace’s annual publication, and engaging in day-to-day duties associated with organizational management and arts administration.
• Education/Public Programs: Assists with the coordination of youth and adult public programs. Other opportunities include: touring youth groups through exhibitions, developing curriculum, preparing for and facilitating creative projects, and helping with program evaluation.
• External Affairs: Assists with donor and media relations, special events, and database management. Other opportunities include: developing audiences through marketing efforts, conducting donor prospect research, and planning fundraising events.
• New Media: Assists in the production of video and/or media resources created for a variety of audiences that help create visibility and awareness for Artpace’s exhibitions and International-Artists-in-Residence program. Other opportunities include the design of signage, programs, and invitations for Artpace’s educational programs.
• Studio/Exhibition: Assists resident artists with the production of new projects; works with technical and studio staff to plan, install, and de-install shows; and prepares for exhibitions, public programs, events, and openings.
• Graduate Internships: Assists the Education Department to compose artist interviews for in-gallery interpretation; organize evening Public Programs; research for upcoming residencies; conduct educational tours; coordinate Camp Artpace Activities for children; develop online educational resources; and partake in day-to-day office duties. A $2,000 stipend is given to each Intern for the two month, full-time position (June/July only).
• Download an application form here: http://artpace.org/wp-content/uploads/U-of-Artpace-Intern-Info-and-Application3.pdf
• Mail a completed application packet to Artpace, c/o Education, 445 Main Ave, San Antonio, TX 78205 or email a completed application as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packets should include the following:
¨ Completed U of Artpace Internship Program Application
¨ Current resume, including contact information for two references
¨ Cover letter also indicating Artpace departments of interest
• Fall Semester: May 15 first priority & September 1 second priority
• Spring Semester: November 15 first priority & January 25 second priority
• Summer Semester: March 15
• Summer Graduate Student Internship: March 1
*Some Artpace internships accept applicants on a rolling deadline, please inquire for more information.
This ad has been viewed 73 times