Finance Associate/Bookkeeper at Blue Star Contemporary
About Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum
Developed from a grassroots event in July of 1986, Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum is the first and longest-running venue for contemporary art in San Antonio. The establishment of Blue Star as an exhibition space arose from the need to provide a platform for the work and ideas of local contemporary artists. In the years since its inception, Blue Star has grown with the community, instigating positive change in both the art community and the community at large. The development of Blue Star's exhibitions and educational programming has resulted in the social and economic revitalization of the surrounding King William and South Town neighborhoods, and the event that started it all in the summer of 1986 has developed into Contemporary Art Month, an occasion that now includes over fifty collaborating organizations, cultural centers, museums, and alternative spaces.
Now in its twenty-seventh year, Blue Star continues to be an incubator for contemporary art in San Antonio, hosting over twenty exhibitions each year within its four on-site galleries and multiple offsite locations within the community. These exhibitions feature both emerging and world-renowned artists who hail both from the Alamo City and across the globe. Over 300,000 visitors each year experience contemporary art at Blue Star through exhibitions, the MOSAIC after-school education program, and community events.
Part-Time (20 hours/week)
The Finance Associate/Bookkeeper manages the financial accounts of the museum and reports to the Director.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Manage Blue Star Contemporary Quick Books account.
• Serve as Point of Contact with outside Accountant.
• Work with outside Accountant, Executive Director and Board Treasurer on financials as well as preparation of annual budget.
• Maintains strict confidentiality regarding museum budgets and reports that may contain sensitive and proprietary information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and email.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to present information concisely effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated person who enjoys being a key, hands-on member of a team.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Ability to meet deadlines and provide fast turnaround when necessary.
• Pleasant, professional manner when interacting with artists, supporters, colleagues and the public.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making in anticipation of the needs of the Director and senior staff colleagues.
• Self-motivated and eager to be successful.
• Respectful of the organization’s resources.
• Working knowledge of the contemporary art world (local, national and regional) a plus.
This ad has been viewed 164 times