The Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum seeks a dynamic individual to oversee the museum and garden on weekends. This is a part-time position. This individual will greet visitors and assist in answering questions about the museum and the collection. The Weekend attendant is responsible for ensuring smooth operations of the organization during regular weekend hours. The attendant will occasionally assist museum staff and volunteers during special events. This is an ideal entry-level position for an individual who wishes to immerse his/herself in art and nature.
• Effective and efficient communicator with a broad range of individuals
• Confident working independently and a leader among peers
• Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
• Comfortable with current technology including word processing, e-mail, data entry and mobile devices (specifically the iPad)
• Professional attire required
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
• Open museum to the public and Close securely at end of shift
• Restock gift shop supplies, brochures, handouts, and other materials as needed
• Assist with staffing of front desk; welcome visitors, take admissions, etc.
• Reconcile register at the end of shift
• Supervise Visitor Services Volunteer
• Walk the grounds, picking up any debris, discarded trash, etc. Report anything unusual to the person on call for the day.
• Assist with educational programming
About the Museum:
The Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum is a non-profit organization founded around the work of 20th century American sculptor Charles Umlauf. Located at 605 Robert E. Lee Road, near Zilker Park in Austin, our work is dedicated to providing educational experiences that encourage the understanding and appreciation of sculpture. The UMLAUF is recognized for its dedication to designing accessible facilities and programs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Deadline: August 30, 2013
This ad has been viewed 325 times