MFAH Calls For Entries To The 17th Annual CityWide African American Artist Exhibition
The Citywide exhibitions are open to all artists of the African Diaspora in the greater Houston area. Sponsored by the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) through Five-A (the African American Art Advisory Association at the MFAH) and the Houston Museum of African American Culture (HMAAC). The annual Citywide exhibitions offer artists the opportunity to show their work to a broader public, and to the collecting community. The 17th Annual Citywide African American Artist Exhibition will be held from July 19—September 2, 2013.
Call for Entries
• Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
• Participation is open to all visual artists of the African Diaspora living in the greater Houston area.
• Only original works of art will be accepted, no copies.
• Work in all media will be accepted. Limit (6) works per artist.
• Work is to be recent work (within the last 2 years)
• All entries must be ready for installation (wires, hooks, etc.). Drawings and photographs must be framed.
Prizes for Artists
• 1st prize: $500 and a full scholarship for one studio art class at the MFAH Glassell School of Art
• 2nd prize: $250 and a full scholarship for one studio class at the MFAH Glassell School of Art
• 3rd prize: $150 and a full scholarship for one studio class at the MFAH Glassell School of Art
How To Enter
Step 1: By Send an email to Jason Moodie, 2013 Citywide Coordinator, stating your intention to enter by July 31s, at jmoodie@MFAH.org, or call 713-639-7835.
Step 2: Hand-deliver your entries (or arrange to have them delivered) to the Glassell school of Art, 5101 Montrose Blvd, Houston, by one of the following ways:
· Monday, July 8th, 2013, between 1-7pm, or
· Early submissions can be arranged through Jason Moodie by email: jmoodie@MFAH.org or by phone: 713-639-7835.
Step 3: All artists who submit work for the 17th Annual Citywide Exhibition will be notified via e-mail on Tuesday July 16th, which of their works has been accepted for the exhibition.
Friday July 26th, 2013 6:00 – 8-00pm, Glassell School of Art
Friday, August 23, 2013, 6:00—8:00 pm, The Glassell School of Art. All prize winners will be announced at 7:00 pm.
For More information visit the Website, www.mfahcitywide.org
This ad has been viewed 177 times