POSITION: Production Manager
DEPARTMENT: Film Department
June 1, 2013 – November 15, 2013
REPORTS TO: Film Department Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Film Department, Volunteer Coordinator, Assistant Production Manager, etc.
COMPENSATION: $6,000 contract
The Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills and intense organizational skills are a must.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION:
To manage and coordinate all aspects of the film venue logistics and presentation including digital technology, projection, shipping, contacting filmmakers, managing theater managers, filmmaker liaisons, and venue volunteers. Assisting the Film Department Director with venue contracts, invoices, payments and communication is also a vital part of the job. In addition, the Production Manager works with the Director of Programming to assure the Film Program runs as smoothly and on time as possible.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Production Manger include but are not limited to:
• Organizing exhibition films
• Contacting filmmakers with a filmmaker packet
• Keeping track of materials and deliverables from all filmmakers from the packet as well as their exhibition copies of their films
• Arranging for an equipment Tech Check at each venue in Late September
• Keeping track of additional screeners, EPKs, press materials, production stills and filmmaker packet forms
• Contacting filmmakers when deadlines are approaching or have passed
• Facilitating digitization of films in-house and make sure the quality of each transfer is perfect
• Gathering a team of 10-15 Quality Checkers and have them quality check each film at least three times. All four members of the film department (Film Department Director, Director of Programming. Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager) will be expected to divide up the films evenly and account for one of these views.
• Keeping the Film Department Director and the Director of Programming updated on the schedule and status of all digital transfers
• Coordinating venue needs and equipment such as necessary cables, parts and gear
• Collecting, Overseeing and Restocking Theatre boxes at the end of every screening day, take cash boxes to AFF accountant. (This done with the Assistant Production Manager).
• Overseeing trafficking and shipping of films
• Generating, updating and maintaining shipping budget with Film Department Director
• Attending all Film Department and Staff meetings
• Overseeing training and communication to all theater managers, theater venue volunteers, film liaisons and projectionists (This done with the Assistant Production Manager).
• Being on call during screenings to troubleshoot any technical or staffing issues and should also serve as the tech point person during the festival.
• Overseeing Registration for Film Department (filmmakers, volunteers, VIPs, jurors)
• Adhering to and completing a predetermined timeline
• Staying ahead of schedule and being preemptive with all deadlines.
• Providing exemplary customer service
• Providing wrap up and completion materials including but not limited to all shipping and invoices, archiving of the film program and an update of the Production Manager Bible
• Commitment to the AFF Mission Statement
• Must be familiar with the post production aspect of filmmaking (digital video and film)
• Extensive knowledge of shooting aspect ratios, presentation aspect ratios, color space, projectors, film revision and sound is a must
• Knowledge of both PCs/Mac and video and sound file formats specifics, and a basic understanding and working knowledge of Final Cut
• Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and comfort for working with spreadsheets
• Knowledge of sound boards and sound equipment
• Must have a calm persona in high stress situations and the ability to multi-task
• Excellent time management, problem solving skills & patience
• Experience working with and communicating with a large team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Extensive customer service experience
• Ability to prioritize and delegate in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
This ad has been viewed 235 times