Monthly Arts Event Director/Producer/Local Representative
Event licensing opportunity
RAW: natural born artists
WHO WE ARE:
RAW: natural born artists is an independent arts organization that focuses on showcasing independent talent in film, fashion, music, visual art, performing art, hair & makeup etc.
RAW spotlights talent in local artistic communities on a monthly basis. RAW is a nationwide organization with city location showcases in 54 metropolitan cities across the U.S. (and Australia)!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
RAW is now looking for well-rounded, experienced event producers to act as a local RAW representative/planner/producer for a 2013 February launch in the following cities:
Do you have experience with producing events of all sizes? Are you used to working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a positive and energetic person? Do you have an insane amount of love for the arts? Can you meet deadlines? Are you independently organized? Are you a time management wizard? Willing to give one event a month (for 9 months) all that you got? If so ... RAW: natural born artists might be a fit for you.
We're looking for a deadline driven, organized individual with keen communication skills, creative thinking and an overall drive and passion for their work.
JOB DESCRIPTION: RAW Showcase Director
A local RAW representative and event producer is responsible for planning, promoting and producing a monthly showcase in their city. The Director will work and interact closely with both RAW Headquarters, Regional Directors, their own small team of interns, assistants and media staff as well as the local artists and arts community in their area. The RAW Showcase Director is responsible for ensuring the seamless booking, planning, and coordinating of each monthly showcase.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will represent RAW in his/her own city, promoting the organization and serving as an ambassador in the area. This includes, though is not limited to:
- Booking RAW artistic talent monthly (making sure that each month is fully booked by sourcing talent to participate, and communicating the RAW model to them)
- Managing communications between booked talent, venue, and staffing
- Conducting meetings and interviews with potential artists and staffing
- Networking with local arts organizations, collectives, and communities; building relationships w/ potential artistic talents & patrons
- Promoting each monthly showcase as well as RAW as an organization
- Participating in public relations and pursue press coverage per event showcase
- The production of each RAW showcase from set-up to tear down, and everything in between
- Being available via email and cell phone to answer questions, coordinate call times and venue relations during pre-event production
- Conferring w/ talent before, during, and after all showcasing—ensuring the artist’s satisfaction as well as maintaining positive repore
- At least 3-5 years experience in event planning/production
- Strong ties with the local arts community is a plus
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and task/detail-oriented
- Can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience dealing with a variety of clients (artists, fashion designers, musicians, etc …)
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Hitting strict Deadlines on a bi-monthly basis
- Punctual, responsible, dependable, and dedicated to planning and executing an exceptional showcase event on a monthly basis
- Strong knowledge of and experience with technology and event equipment
- Maintaining an unswervingly professional approach to all situations
- Must be willing to get your “hands dirty." This isn’t a job for paper-pushing event planners
Training begins: BEGINNING OF DECEMBER 2012 located at RAW HQ in Southern California
Job begins: FEBRUARY 2013
All interested/serious candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Molly [at] RAWartists [dot] org
Please do not apply if you are looking for quick cash, or a simple "job." This position is for the best of the best who are seeking a rewarding career, those that can handle the creative challenges of an independent position.
This ad has been viewed 282 times